on 25 February 2017
Having watched Buffy since it began I sometimes find I enjoy re watching the episodes again. I own season 5 which is a favourite and I like the humour with this season. I have to admit although I am 35 I laugh at the 'Lovers Walk' episide where Spike returns briefly after breaking up with Druisella and ends up trying to kill Willow and Xander, only ends up teaming with Buffy and Angel who still despise him. I have nothing to hate about the season 3 except I do find Faith (the new slayer) a tad irritating and not easy to like considering how Buffy tries to do everything right!
It doesn't matter how old you are but you can still laugh at how silly Buffy was, considering what rubbish is on TV now, I do miss this show!
VINE VOICEon 17 October 2007
Season Three of Buffy is my own personal favourite of the entire Seven seasons. The Reason? Its consistancy throughout. Make no mistake, there are some class episodes in this season, some of them have passed into Buffy Legend(Band Candy; The Wish; Doppelgangland; The Prom).

The season is also memorable for other reasons; the sad departures of three of the regular cast: Cordelia Chase; Oz and of course, Angel. And to add, the introduction of Faith(Eliza Dushku), and Buffy's new watcher Wesley Wyndham-Price (Alexis Denisof).

It is a remarkable achievement for Joss Whedon and his team to maintain such a high standard throughout this season, because the greatest challenge he would then have, could he maintain it for the following four seasons? Of course, he did manage to achieve that, but I do feel as I am sure many other Buffy fans will agree that some of the best episodes are here, culminating in an extraordinary two parter Graduation Day when Buffy and her friends manage to save Sunnydale from a hideous demon, but end up destroying the school instead!

To mention some of the episode highlights; Band Candy is a hilarious episode when the Sunnydale adults begin to behave like teenagers on the rampage; including Mr Misery himself, Principal Snyder.(The rapport between Rupert Giles and Joyce Summers has to be seen to be believed. Their scenes are reminiscent of the numerous Teenage Movies which were quite common during the 1950s; and the sight of Giles throwing a dustbin through a shop window is so, so funny!)

The Wish is a classic. Cordelia wishes that Buffy had never come to Sunnydale, and a local witch, Anya, grants her wish. Sunnydale has fallen foul of numerous Vampires much to Cordelia's horror, and to make matters worse, both Willow and Xander are now well and truly undead!! Alyson Hannigan is superb in this episode as well as the follow up which is also a classic, Doppelgangland. To see her in Vampire makeup wearing leather! Well, its just soooooooo . . . .cool!

It has been said that the episode Amends is a little dull. But, I do not agree. Angel is haunted by the spirits of Jenny Calendar and others, and decides to end it all by exposing himself to the rising sun. Buffy manages to save him in the nick of time, and hey presto, one of the most bizarre endings materialises when Snow, of all things, starts to fall on Sunnydale.

And now to The Prom. This is my own personal favourite of Season Three. Two points about this episode stand out; the reconciliation as friends of Cordelia and Xander, and the wonderful scene at The Prom when Buffy is honored as the Saviour of Sunnydale by the students of Sunnydale High. I am sure all die hard Buffy fans will shed tears during the final scenes at The Prom, for they are profoundly moving.

A wonderful, wonderful season of Buffy.
on 10 January 2006
I was a latecomer to Buffy but having seen most of the episodes, Season 3 shines as the best. Why? They're all still in high school, Cordelia's still in it with her comic relief, there's still an element of escapism for me as an adult. It's still really funny - after this season, it goes a bit more serious; a bit darker and to places I didn't think it should go. This for me is the peak. There are seminal episodes such as The Wish - where Cordelia wishes them into an Alternate Universe where things are BAD. Doppelgangland is funny with an evil Willow doppelganger from the alternate universe of The Wish. Gingerbread is great with lots of comedy from the core Scoobies. My other favourites are Band Candy ( Ethan Rayne, cursed chocolate reducing adults to teens...enter Giles and Joyce) and Earshot (almost a follow up to Band Candy with the confirmation of what happened between Giles and Joyce) and Graduation...another belting season finale.
Enjoy the light hearted fun in this season; enjoy Snyder's sarcasm, enjoy the comedy. Enjoy Cordelia's one liners!! Also, enjoy Giles getting cooler with the arrival of Wesley. Giles gets some great scenes - notably in Revelations and Bad Girls as well as the classic Band Candy and The Wish.
on 9 May 2017
Still really good. Don't know what else to say. Not great with words. Don't like faith. There that'll do surely.
on 26 November 2017
third time in buying this item. Yes, I'm a geeky addict. I keep wearing the discs out. Surely someone must have produced a no wear disc by now
on 30 April 2017
Yet another fantastic series. Love buffy and the relationships between all the characters.
It was a easy and quick delivery. Can't Wait for the next seasons to complete tge collection.
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 March 2013
Was a huge Buffy fan back in the day and had them all on vhs.

Decided to upgrade my collection to dvd and bought all 7 seasons.

The only thing that annoys me are the menus but thats it.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching them all over again.

I have found that they are still as relevant and entertaining today as they were back then.

Excellent value..
on 8 August 2011
Needless to say Season Three is great. Angel is back thank goodness but then he goes, off to do his own thing in LA. Very justified in my opinion to give Angel his own series. He is a character for grown ups- I'm glad he stopped being so wet around Buffy - that's probably why I preferred him as Angelus.
To the presentation of this set. A stiff book holds lined cardboard sleeves for the discs. There is plenty of artwork on the sleeves and the pages which give storylines and credits.
Extras include biographies of cast members, shooting scripts, photo gallery, commentaries and featurettes.
Subtitles in English for the hearing impaired.
on 22 June 2017
These are great I just love buffy and lots to watch if you like vampire you will like this
on 3 October 2017