Customer reviews

The Decca Years 1959-1964
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 January 2013
I bought this mainly because it had tracks from Stop the World I Want to Get Off. I was lucky enough to see this show (twice!) when it played at the Queens Theatre in London in the sixties. Amazingly I am still almost word perfect in most of the songs :) You could say that Anthony Newley was my first crush, and I probably failed a lot of my school exams because I was so star struck! Anyway, the songs in this album sounded just as good as they did back then. Thanks for the memories, this album will be treasured.
on 1 September 2012
This is a CD of some of the songs by the very talented actor, singer, song writer, Tony Newley. I have always thought of him as one of the greatest talent's this country has ever produced and when you listen to the music on this CD you will understand, expecially as it features the music from the big hit show "Stop the World I want to Get Off"
which he co wrote and starred in.
on 23 August 2017
Very happy with service and the item
on 16 October 2017
very good
on 14 March 2008
When former child actor Anthony Newley spoofed Elvis for a movie called Idle on Parade he ended up opening the gates to a succesful career as a singer.
He covered American hits and America covered some of his eg Do you mind (Andy Williams) and Bee Bom (Sammy Davis Jr.) What kind of fool am I was covered by dozens and is heard here in its American version
Probably given more control over what he recorded than many others he charted with a nursery rhyme (Pop goes the weasel) and drawing room ballads from the turn of the century (I'll walk beside you).
His real forte though was the Musical and in 1992 he played Scrooge in a new stage adaption based on the Albert Finney movie
on 24 January 2013
If you enjoy this artist, then this double-cd is just what you need to add to your collection. So many tracks....such a wide range of songs, well recorded....buy it with confidence.
on 19 July 2013
a snapshot of my youth - a trip down memory lane - lots of stuff from stop the world i want to get off
on 1 May 2010
I have always enjoyed Anthony Newley since I was very young and most of the tracks on this CD are from albums I had in the 60s so I'm very happy with it.
on 3 August 2012
The Decca Years 1959-1964This really is the very best of Tony Newley - buy it while you can. A wonderful talant and well recorded in this version
on 23 September 2016
All the old Newley favourites right from the 'Idle On Parade' days. A must for the Anthony Newley fan.