on 18 April 2016
I was tidying the attic to make more room for old VHS cassettes and came across a Friends one.
I remembered that I used to like the series so re-watched it and was suitably entertained,again.
I had odd ones with no real order so decided to get the ones I was missing...,if they were low priced.
I had difficulty in watching the VHS cassettes because the picture and sound drifted all over the place.
I chose DVDs to overcome this and certainly did enjoy this old,but good,sitcom comedy show.
It's of it's time obviously but still made me laugh out loud so my enjoyment was high.
It made me check out You Tube for interviews of the cast and what they're doing today.
I might also get some of the older 'Soap' sitcom DVDs too and maybe 'the Golden Girls' too.
I'm not that bothered about the 'Cheers' series though.
I became interested in who produced these shows too because they follow a similar pattern.
Anyway,after about 10 years between viewing,Friends still has the power to entertain and provoke laughter.
on 11 August 2011
With the show firmly in it's stride, Season 3 provides some of 'Friends' very best moments, in a season which is consistently funny, engaging and often genuinely heartwarming. From Ross' Princess Leia fantasy to Monica's accidental purchase of a racecar bed, Season 3 is never short on laughs, and would be worth a purchase for some of the brilliant quips and hilariously awkward situations alone. But this is also one of 'Friends' best seasons as regards more serious moments, and character development, with issues like Monica trying to get over her break up with Richard, Ross' and Rachel''s moving and tumultuous relationship, and some new situations for pretty much everyone else. There's nothing really to moan about here, at all. The episodes are pretty much all superb, the DVD quality is fine, and though the extras aren't particularly great, there are still a few decent interactive features. For those new to the show, you'll enjoy this, though I would suggest beginning with Season 1; and for those returning to a show they know and love, don't worry, Season 3 of 'Friends' is every bit as good as you've remembered.
on 19 June 2004
This is definitely up there with the best series' of friends (along with series 4 and 6), it's a time when the stories are still fresh but the awkwardness between the characters (particularly evident in the first half of season 1) has completely disappeared. It also contains the post popular Friends episode according to the British public; 'The one with the football'. Other classic episodes of the series include, 'The one where no one's ready', 'The one without the ski trip' and 'The one at the beach'. There's no 'filler' episodes that began to appear in the 7th series and the laughs are consistent throughout. One major downside is the lack of extras. It seems that Warner have completely neglected to add any extras to the DVDs and the extras described by one reviewer are only available on the Region 1 versions. Each episode is the standard length and not the longer versions that also appear on the Region 1 DVDs. Still worth buying, but if you are a huge Friends fan i would suggest getting it imported on Region 1.
on 31 October 2016
I love Friends and still watch it all the time. Although I can't help it contributed to the weird, narcissistic, neurotic and self obsessed society we now live in.
on 16 March 2017
Loving revisiting these episodes and introduces my teenage girls to them too.
on 23 December 2017
Good price.
on 7 November 2017
Just what I wanted
on 5 February 2018
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 December 2017
funny
on 23 October 2017
The download was what it said it was and it worked well. Job done.