Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 December 2014
Love Him couldnt go wrong with this.
on 31 July 2003
I discovered this album purely by accident, i was looking for artwork by natas pop, an found the cover designs for this CD, they looked superb so i bought the Cd, gotta say it was worth it, the band are completly unique, all their songs are varied so boredom never sets in, the highlights are "Razorblade Kiss," "I Love You" & "The Ressurection," the album is a good balance of heavy(ish) rock and more mellow music.
on 17 April 2015
Great cd.Play it loud.
on 8 May 2000
I didn't like "Join me" at first.but listening the whole album was a resurrection.of whom?of the life in death.they say HIM's music is too black,too much about dying.but I believe it's about the sadness of love.'cause we're both in love,but my love most of times happens not to be yours,too.I believe Valo gives us, too,the solution:"bury me deep inside your heart." best pieces?I cannot find.'cause the album is like a human body:each part with its own function.you don't believe me?look:"we've been slaves to this love/from the moment we touched[in that]heaven tonight[where]at least we could try for this one last time..."with all this,I say this life, it is worth living.THANKS,HIM!
on 2 September 2013
I bought this cd for the 9th Circle OST because Amazon UK wasn't willing to sell the mp3 to me based solely on where I live- and its not available in the USA Amazon store. The cd I received wouldn't play at all and the seller refunded my money. I also found out after the transaction that these are copy protected cds, so even if I was to purchase another copy, I would likely not be able to use it for my Ipod or computer. I love the band HIM, but I find it disgusting that companies go to such lengths to make it nearly impossible at times for people to legally purchase their music.
on 30 July 2016
Everything alright
on 4 January 2002
HIM is the best band EVER and their second album is the greatest thing I've ever heard! Everytime I listen to it, it gets better. The album kicks off with one of their best songs, Sweet 666, which will just rock you out, followed by such awsome tracks like Join me and my personal favourite, Razorblade Kiss. HIM are best descirbed in the words or their lead singer, Ville Valo, as 'Doom rock with pop appeal'. Dont miss out on this great album!!!!! Oh and if you like it, which you probably will, then you should get Deep shadows and brilliant highlights, coz its just as good!!!!
on 25 July 2004
Let's put aside the connections this band have with HIM obsessive Bam Margera and focus on the most important thing, the music.
HIM are Finnish romanticists and Razorblade Romance is possibly their best work to date. There are absolutely no fillers on this cd, just 12 cracking tunes to fall in love with.
Stand out tracks are: 'Join me in death', the most recognisable of the lot 'Right here in my arms', a cover of Chris Isaak's 'Wicked game', 'Razorblade kiss' and 'Heaven tonight'.
on 14 October 2016
Love the songs.
on 13 April 2003
I bought this album because I heard the wonderfully OTT 'Join me'. Who else uses piano on a death rock suicide note? The energy tracks like 'Right here in these arms' are superb and I love 'Gone with the Sin'. If you can sing bass, you will be right at home singing along with this one in a rush hour traffic jam while everyone else is considering murder/suicide. If I like HIM you will too.