Customer reviews

Ultimate Blues Collection
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 January 2012
I love this album. I used to own it on cassette as a teenager back in 1990 when I was 16. I searched for it on Amazon and to my joy, found someone selling a CD version. It's a superb collection of old and new (in 1990 anyway) blues including some of the greats such as Muddy Waters, B.B. King, Howlin' Wolf and John Lee Hooker alongside artists such as John Mayall, Gary Moore, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton Etc. I thoroughly recommend it as a journey through the blues.
on 20 January 2017
VERY ENJOYABLE DOUBLE BLUES ALBUM
on 24 November 2016
Ok
on 3 June 2017
I was very pleased to find this collection on CD. I've owned the cassette version for years so I already knew how good it was. Now I can share it with my blues loving friends!
on 22 April 2016
nice
on 17 October 2014
My husband loves this CD and is always playing it.
on 1 August 2014
excellent collection
on 21 February 2012
As blues compilation albums go, this is excellent, with a big caveat. There are lots of really good tracks, by some of my favourite artists, and all but one is worthy of inclusion. The exception is Eric Clapton's Tribute to Elmore, which is distorted to the point of being virtually unlistenable to. I don't know if the cassette version suffers in the same way, but I find it inexplicable that someone like Castle Communications can issue a double CD with track on it which is so distorted. Unfortunately it's track 4 of 10 on disc 2 - so I have to skip this track every time I play it.

The full track list is:

CD 1
1. Muddy Waters - Hoochie Coochie Man
2. Howlin' Wolf - Smokestack Lightning
3. Elmore James - Dust My Broom
4. John Lee Hooker - Dimples
5. Sonny Boy Williamson - Don't Start Me Talkin'
6. Little Walter - Juke
7. BB King - Outside Help (Live)
8. John Mayall's Blues Breakers - All Your Love
7. George Thorogood - Who Do You Love
8. Gary Moore - King Of The Blues
9. John Lee Hooker & Bonnie Raitt - I'm In The Mood
10. Rory Gallagher - Ghost Blues

There are some tracks which I like better than others, but all - with the forementioned exception - are well worth it. You can (at the time of writing) pick this CD up very cheaply, so it still represents very good value.
on 9 January 2017
The CD cover was badly damaged and covered in a sticky substance
on 11 September 2014
Glad to find this CD, as this originally was on cassette.