Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 March 2005
As soon as I heard the Czars music I was hooked. It's certainly not completely mainstream but has enough beautiful hooks to be immediately enjoyable. Some songs (Stay, Any Younger) have quirky middle eight pieces that (almost) detract from the direction but I have little trouble forgiving them for these detours.
My personal favourite on this album is Val for it's wonderful build up and vocal harmony.
It's worth mentioning that the singer's voice is the best I have heard and he seems to pull of some simple but moving tricks with it that tend to make the songs for me. If you like his voice you'll want to buy all the Czars albums immediately.
on 29 October 2014
Ordered the CD before I went on holiday, three weeks, and it was safe and sound in my letterbox on our return.
Better still I was able to download whilst away and enjoy a whole three weeks of bonus pleasure.
Thaqnks
on 22 December 2015
JG and the Czars are very good indeedy people
on 7 November 2001
The Czars have just released a new album. If you like their new album, you should definitely check out this one. Before Beut Longer is a masterpiece. Beautiful alt-country !! Just listen to the first song, Val, and you know what I'm talking about. The new Czars cd is a great album, this is their masterpiece !