Format: DVD|Change

on 31 December 2000
If there is one VHS/DVD you should watch it is this one!
I enjoyed every single moment. I found the atmosphere so electric and I WAS a member of the audience!
Yes, there are some camera tricks and slow motion sequences but they increased the enjoyment.
The whole production oozes sex and sensuality and the athleticism just bursts onto the screen!
I really wish I had seen the show live but this has got to be the next best thing!
Hope there is a Burn The Floor 2: The Return!
on 7 December 2003
All I can say is 'WOW' What a pulsating performance. This has got to be the best musical extravganza I have ever seen. Wish I had the chance to see it live. However the slight cuts and slow motion sequences just added to the overall enjoyment. Four cameras were there on the opening night filming live. The way it was edited made the continuity more watchable. I bought the DVD 2 weeks ago and have watched it 14 times. The dancers are brilliant, the music, beautiful and the costumes are just simply 'out of this world' the choreography should have won an award. No wonder the show had standing ovations after every performance.
on 27 December 2000
This show has it all! stunning dance routines, brilliantly choreographed by Anthony Van Laast. Fabulous mix of music to suit all tastes, beautiful costumes, sexy wonderfully talented dancers. It will leave you breathless and longing for more!
on 11 December 2000
This is a brilliant DVD of a truly breathtaking stage production. Anthony van Laast has grabbed ballroom dancing by the throat and given in a completely new look!
The dance sequences include The Carousel Waltz with illuminated dresses and masks - The smog and funk of Urban Heat - The 50's revisited with Jump,and Wail - A tribute to Astaire and Rogers, the passion of Carmen and a HOT HOT HOT finale!
The original idea came from an inspirational sequence performed at Elton John's 50th birthday party and now 44 of the worlds best dancers take the world of the ballroom and turn it inside out and upside down so that the finished extravanganza is sexy and exotic, and has passion and life-blood pulsating from every angle.
This DVD with is exciting sounds and brilliant images is not just for one viewing just once - you need to watch it again and again to see every performer strut their stuff.
As the Evening Standard said:
Strictly Ballroom gone Strictly Sexy!
Buy it now - you wont be disappointed - tell all your friends as well!
NOT TO BE MISSED!!!!!
on 30 June 2010
Ok so I can see from the other reviews, this is a Love it or hate it production.
I bought this because for my A2 (A level) Performing arts exam we were doing the Lindy hop section. During rehearsals in school we were developing the piece solely from a video of the piece and therefore could neither slow down nor pause the show to translate the movements. The DVD allowed us to do this and raised the quality 100%.
Now for my opinion on the actual dances: I LOVED it. When copying from the DVD you truly appreciate the stamina of the dancers. We as a group were only recreating the first three minuets of the Lindy hop section and we left class knackered and aching, while the Lindy hop section is actually more like six minuets in total. This is not even looking at the rest do the DVD.
The other dance works are amazing combining, swing, ballroom and Latin in a modern beautiful way. The dancers perfumed high energy dances at amazing speed all of them dipping into new genres of dance. The music is amazingly varies and creates and energy of its own. the costumes are fun and beautiful varying from caveman-punk (don't know what I'm talking about Buy it!) to pink ball gowns, to dresses that glow (literally) and full on swing dresses.
If you like classical ballroom, Latin or even swing, there is something to look for and enjoy. If you are new to ballroom dancing of any kind this is a great place to start. If you like strictly come dancing you will love a performce like this were you can watch the dances at a professional standard, it feel as though you are in the audience and not have to listen to the judges mean comments.
For those of you who stick strongly to the classics, this is not for you. None of these dances are toe to toe with the classical forms either through a mixing or styles, mix dated music or through a modern flare. If you wholly love only competition ballroom you will again not love this production. But I can't see how anyone no matter how set in their ways cannot appreciate this performance.
Five stars all the way.
(P.s don't be put off my the fact that the box it written in German all the material is in English and who needs to read the back anyway!)
on 30 March 2013
I have had a VHS tape (2nd hand and not to good) for some time. I was delighted to find a DVD available. some difference in quality and much more enjoyable to watch. This is one of the best dance shows that I have ever seen, costumes and performances out of this world. After watching you will feel as exhausted as the dancers !!!
on 20 April 2011
I'm not at all happy with this. I had the video which I bought not long after it came out, which I absolutely loved, and by comparison I'm really disappointed with this.
How can I be disappointed when this is the same thing? Short answer, this isn't the same thing, I skipped forward to my favourite section (Urban Heat) to find that it was no longer there, and on looking through the scene selection, there doesn't seem to have been anything put into replace it, meaning that the running sime is down to 60 minutes as well, which is terrible. And also, the sound quality is terrible, it sounds like they've literally copied it across to a dvd and put it out.
Basically not impressed.
Although, on the upside, if you're a fan of Strictly, it's quite entertaining playing spot the person you recognise, I've definitely found one, possibly two so far.
on 22 January 2006
If you just like to watch some dancework from waltz to modern urban dance then it is a visual treat, the costuming is excelent. However I found it personally boring, I fast forwarded past most of this to a latin dance at the end, again visually stunning on costumes and such.
If you are looking for any instruction then don't buy this, there is none at all in it
on 27 April 2012
I just loved this DVD! It was so intense, so cool, the music is fantastic and really enjoyed myself. Absolutely worth it. I was also surprised to spot a young Matthew Cutler (Strictly Come Dancing Professional) in it with his ex-wife-partner Nicole :)
on 27 May 2013
Wonderful dancing, incredible choreography, RUINED by terrible photography. In one routine alone I counted 168 cuts, enough to give you an epileptic fit. The editor must have been on an ego kick. Shame on him for ruining the hard work of the excellant dancers.