on 26 July 2012
After seeing the 60th Anniversary Ultimate Collection box set promoted on the internet I was very keen to get my hands on one and now I have, it doesn't disappoint in the slightest!!!!

The 60th Anniversary box set was obviously given lots of thought by Warner Bros. as it's been put together extremely well indeed and presented just beautifully!! Even the little finishing touches are particulary amazing (the raindrops on the outer sleeve and the embossed umbrella silhouettes all over the box, book and DVD packaging as well!!). In this superb collection you get a very interesting hard back book about the film and the actors involved, replicas of the original movie theatre posters (in minature form of course!!) three discs (2 DVDs and 1 Blu-Ray - the 2 DVDs are the same as the 50th Anniversary box set DVDs) and although they are region 1 I was still able to watch them on my PC!! As Amazon tells us, not all multi-region DVDs play on all multi-region DVD players so do be aware of that before buying!! And finally you also get a smashing 60th Anniversary umbrella as well (with a really cool little umbrella charm attached to the handle!!). I can SO envisage myself dancing down the road with my 'Singin In The Rain' umbrella!!!!

All in all I'd say that this is a fantastic collectors edition of one othe greatest movie musicals of all time, so it's really worth buying!! And of course the movie is just brilliant as well and proves that it really is a timeless classic!! I've lost count of the amount of times I've watched the movie, however I never get bored of it!! Now that's the sign of a true classic in my opinion!!!!

It's safe to say that if you get hold of this amazing box set you won't be disappointed!!

It cetainly put "A SMILE ON MY FACE"!!!!
on 30 April 2017
A real classic musical made in the golden age of hollywood, telling the story of the older days of Hollywood.
The film tells the story of two silent movie stars at the time of the introduction of the talkies, the only problem is that the woman has a voice like a screeching owl, beautifully played by the actress to perfection.
Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds star and nicely bounce of each other.
Full of now well known songs, I would certainly recommend.
on 4 April 2007
This is one of the most brilliant films I have ever seen: it sparkles like a diamond. It is an affectionate, clever and funny look at the history of "talking pictures" - and so much more! As a fan of old movies and musicals and having a keen interest in the history of motion pictures, I find this to be a truly magical, wonderful film. However, aside from the humour, the music, the charming performers and the glorious technicolour, this film is worth watching for two things alone: Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor. Their dance routines are an absolute joy to watch. I watch their routines over and over again. The 'Moses' routine is fascinating as these dancers have very different styles and yet they both compliment each other so well. Their dancing is so fantastic it makes you want to cry. If you are a fan of old movies and old movie musicals and this one has managed to pass you by, invest in this movie now and you won't be disappointed.
on 25 July 2017
Great entertainment and it would be worth watching if you only saw Gene Kelly's title song and Donald O'Conner demonstrating that he was, if anything, a better dancer than Gene. Warm, funny - what better way to liven up a wet weekend afternoon?
on 5 June 2017
Classic Gene Kelly.
Classic film.

If you're a film fan, old and new. This MUST be in your collection.

Great transfer, great restoration. Excellent bluray.
on 21 November 2017
Fantastic! love this film and so happy that I could buy it on Amazon .
on 1 June 2017
v.funny & there should be more of Donald O'Connor
on 2 September 2017
Finally get to watch this movie from beginning to end. Fabulous!
on 19 March 2017
Great DVD and good value for money
on 5 April 2017
This is for me, a great classic film.