Format: DVD|Change

Bit of a blast from the past this one now, but couldn't resist it on offer via Amazon Fire. A little raunchier than the original and treading some of the same ground it still has many laugh out loud moments. The best in the series for me (plus you can imagine Fat Ba5tard as a crude Shrek!)
on 4 September 2004
In A Nutshell:
Dr Evil travels back in time and steels Austin Powers' "mojo." This leads to a series of events which lead Powers to travel also back in time and try and regain his "mojo" before time runs out. Meanwhile, Dr. Evil is planning to destroy a city every hour of every day from a giant "laser" on the moon, unless he is paid something like a million billion dollars by the US government.
What's Right With It?
The witty and entertaining quotes of Powers never fail to make you laugh, no matter how many times you watch it. The hilarious prose in the movie, with the exceedinly action-loadsmorecomedy atmosphere and storyline make Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me one of the best comedy films of modern day cinema.
What's Wrong With It?
Some of the more, let's say, vulgar scenes (e.g. Fat Bast*rds backside, or Austin Powers drinking Fat Bast*rds faesces) make you press the fast forward button a bit, leading to missing quotes. If you can handle this kind of comedy then you certainly shouldn't find much more wrong with it. However, some of the comedy moments certainly could be expanded to give the film its complete full potential.
Verdict:
No matter about the negatives, it's always the positives that count. It's still brilliant. Myers will never fail to be his best Powers, and nobody can beat that can they? It's funny, it's got a decent storyline, and it's got a groooovy English agent (of course, being Austin Powers) in it aswell! How much better can it get!?
on 6 May 2016
This is a very funny movie - the only real complaint is that 50% of the gags are recycled from the first Austin Powers movie. That said, they are good jokes, so enjoy! The 12 rating seems about right - there's some comical nudity (but nothing exposed), some mildly bad language, and some slapstick violence, but I was quite happy letting my 10 year old son watch it.
on 22 December 2001
This DVD is excellent value - more laughs per pound than many other 'comedy' films. As with the first film, there's plenty of puns, references to other works and so on - more than enough to keep you coming back again and again. The extra features are also good, including some scenes cut from the final release (in my humble opinion, many of them should have stayed in). This film is what your DVD player was made for.
on 15 November 2013
When I saw the price I bought it instantly, I saw it as I child, the first 12 rated movie I ever saw. Whilst it's a lot more immature then I remember it was still a good watch. They have done a good job restoring it and the colours really pop, the images are sharp and it looks like a recent release not a movie that is almost 15 years old. For around £3 for a blu ray you can't really go wrong.
on 30 May 2000
I went to see this film with mixed expectations...but came out still clutching my stomach! It's soo funny and the costumes are great, Dr Evil is my ideal man and Mike Myers is a genius.Having only recently seen the first I would say that together the Austin Power's collection is a triumph in the world of comedy.So don't be snobbish about it...snap this baby up before it walks...oh,and if anything buy the sequel as it stars the adorable "MiniMe"
on 17 November 2011
Okay my only gripe with this is Elizabeth Hurley being replaced but it is Heather Graham who replaces her,not as gorgeous but still she plays her part well.
The thing is with the movie it still is good with plenty of laughter & crudeness which can be delivered so badly but with these films they never fail to get the delivery done really well.
As my title says, this is one of the things I think about when the 90's is brought up. Austin Powers was already a huge hit among us teens at the time, and the sequel does a great job!

Indeed, it takes a slightly different approach, but it still retains the comedy and humour we expect from Mr Powers. I love the soundtrack, and Madonna's Beautiful Stranger was a perfect choice.

Great fun! Just dont take it too seriously and you'll enjoy it even more :)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 October 2013
The original Austin Powers film kind of took a lot of people by surprise by its success. Therefore, a sequel proved too hard for studio bosses to resist. The first film lovingly lampooned the early James Bond films perfectly, always poking fun while never being cruel. Some may think that it would be hard to stretch this concept out into two movies. I myself was cynical, but I'm glad to say that I was wrong.

`Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me' is - amazingly - even funnier than the first film. It's even more daft, even more crude and just simply great fun to watch. You have to have a kind of silly sense of humour to really appreciate it, but I'm glad to say that, judging by the fact that it took lots more at the box office that its predecessor, I'm not the only one to think so.

Its success is majorly down to the cast. There's never a bad performance and nearly every smutty joke is timed to perfection. Special credit to its writer/star Mike Myers who introduces yet another disgustingly wonderful character to his repartee - `Fat B*****d' who, dare I sat the voice was a precursor to a famous green ogre he was later to voice.

Dr Evil is again back to stop his ultra trendy nemesis Austin Powers from thwarting him by... well, who cares? The film-makers certainly don't let story get in the way of giving you a fun time. Ignore the plot holes in this film - the film itself even pokes fun at how not everything actually makes sense and just enjoy the ride (again).
I guess it was inevitable - having the funniest spy on blu-ray was just going to happen, and this, the second instalment written and starring Mike Myers (Shrek just to name a movie) sees Austin having to rescue the world from Dr Evil once again.

How will he do it, he's not got his mojo? That could be a problem for Austin, but he's got a new foxy assistant - Felicity Shagwell (Heather Graham) on his side, and the duo are prepared to go to hell and back to defeat Dr Evil, and his baby clone.

This is good fun for 90 mins, not to be taken too seriously. Mike's obviously brilliant in this but he's not as good as he was in Wayne's World, which for me was his best role ever. Heather's good as the sultry Ms Shagwell, but really this film has little substance otherwise. It's all a bit of harmless fun, to be enjoyed when you're feeling a bit down and need a pick me up.

This blu-ray is pretty good for what it is, the picture is crisp and the sound has both DDS and TrueHD. Sadly, there are no dubs (a blessing really). There are a lot of deleted scenes and 3 featurettes about the movie, and 3 music videos from Madonna (Beautiful Stranger), Lenny Kravitz (American Woman) and Dr Evil and Mini Me (Just The Two Of Us), which is entertaining.

Altogether this is a good disk, the film is pleasant enough, but really I would recommend renting this - as I can't see myself watching this many more times. I have not seen this movie since around 2000 so I haven't had the feeling I should come back to it sooner.

Have a look.