Customer reviews

on 10 May 2016
Lots of groove and vibe going on. Great tunes and mixing and one of the best after hours type albums yet.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 10 November 2014
I bought this on a whim, being a bit of a Groove Armada fan. It's an interesting collection and worth a listen. I like it but I have to be honest and say it won't get played every week!
VINE VOICEon 1 September 2009
Just an epic collection of chilling music chosen by GA. It's 2009 now but the tunes are just timeless and appeal just as much now as they did when 'Back to mine' was stealthly released.
Perfect for background music on a rare sunny day.
on 11 June 2013
Top relaxing CDs with a great amount of influences, some I know and some new , top prices as retail still at £15, CDs as good as new treat yo self x
on 11 March 2013
simply wonderful like everything they do. if you enjoy Groove Armada then just sit back and enjoy this album with a chilled grin on your face.
on 13 May 2017
Really love this album
on 10 September 2013
For me.... The best album Groove Armada have ever recorded. a tough act to follow.
Oh - and I got it for something like 99p as well. Excellent ! !
on 8 September 2015
Very special
on 10 April 2000
What a surprise! A pleasant one, I might add. Pulling in every style under the sun, the Groove Armada duo deliver a fine selection of blissed-out summery grooves. One can immediately see where they draw their inspiration from, and anyone who has listened to 'Northern Star' and 'Vertigo' will be pleased to get such an insight. The beach towel is laid out in fine style with Groove Armada's fine remix of A Tribe Called Quest's classic "Description of a Fool", followed by the sublime tones of Barry White. As the mellow chill slides along lazily, we up the tempo slightly to Sir Raymond Mang's now-classic "Number 1", a much underrated track coming out of the Idjut Boys's Noid stable. Stand up and salute this man, he has a real talent. The Al Green/Mica Paris section may distract a little from the general landscape, but things finally come to a fitting end with Chaser and Tears for Fears, the latter perhaps surprisingly appearing to roll up the beach towel and go home for a sangria. All in all, a well-thought out, touching and often groovy selection.
11 people found this helpful
on 22 April 2015
Works for me. There are times when I do love modern underground music well more than a few times, every day. But sometimes you just need those funked out mixes from original artists seemlessly blended together to make a slick journey. The tempo varies throughout and this may bother some people but, the way in which it flows is greatly executed. Personally if I can't sleep I wack this on and drift off like a giant baby. A great production. I have to say though, listening to this on sunny day it seems more like a summer chilled collection (to me) more than a late night collection! You can be the judge! :)