Customer reviews

Burbank '68
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£75.39+ £1.26 shipping

on 8 February 2002
Burbank 68 compliments Tiger Man and Memories as the definitive trilogy of the 68 special.
A box set would have been great, but I urge you to buy all three. This is sensational music, including pre-show reharsals and plus the second of the stand-up shows.
The sound quality is excellent, on this, a strong contender for the best music the King ever made.
Infact the 68 special as a forerunner to the MTV Unplugged concept, with Elvis and band-mates in the middle of a small audience, raw and gutsy, as good as he ever was and better than anyone else could have dared to be.
With the 35th anniversary of the 68 special next year I hear that a special DVD is on the cards: hopefully, with all of the footage from both stand-up shows, both sit-down shows, the original broadcast and rare footage!
on 11 September 2000
I managed to get a copy of this disc while at Graceland, and it's my favourite of all the comeback special sets that have come out.
You get a dozen or so tracks that were recorded in Elvis' dressing room, while they were working out what they were going to play, an alternate vocal performances from the special ('If I can dream', and the whole staged (as opposed to the unplugged section) songs from the 8pm June 29th show.
Sound quality is exceptional - I can't recommend this disc enough. If you're an Elvis fan, or you're wondering what the fuss was all about, here's your evidence.
VINE VOICEon 14 October 2013
I listened to the entire CD in one session yesterday. This is such an electrifying performance by Elvis that I had to write about it. The CD is mostly made up of rehearsal jams. You can hear the band members joking around and Elvis jokes too of course and changes the lyrics to a few of his songs for comic effect but his singing is intense, soulful and heart felt and is really exciting to listen to. There are some interventions by the TV production team for instance about Elvis breaking to talk to the audience and how important a moment that will be for both Elvis and his fans and you hear Elvis agree. So, the CD is a fascinating documentary too.

I've been an Elvis fan since I was 10 years old. I've collected a lot of of his concert recordings; this CD is up there with the absolute best of these. It reminds me, as if I didn't already know it, that Elvis was and is one of the most electrifying performers I will witness in my lifetime. I listened totally spellbound to this CD. This is Elvis at his very best.