Customer reviews

on 22 August 2008
Broadcast make consistently beautiful music that seems to drift from our collective memory of a monochrome past. This is my personal favourite of theirs. One of the best albums of that year.
on 15 March 2015
Just gorgeous, I just wish it hadn't taken me so long to find Broadcast. RIP Trish.
on 7 February 2004
When I first put this on I hated it apart from one song, Come On Lets Go... so i only played that one. Then I put it on again one day and left it running. I was distracted by the book I was reading and payed scant attention to what was coming out of the speakers. It was a really good book and then all of a sudden my attention couldnt be kept on reading and my ears DEMANDED I listen. I have been deeply in love with this album (and Trish's Keenan's voice) ever since.
on 22 October 2016
quick painless and easy
on 26 September 2005
I bought this for 'Paper Cuts' which appeared on Warp's anniversary DVD. The sound is esoteric and is the kind of abstracted fifties-style noodling that might just annoy you at first. But the style grows - they're a sophisticated lot. Maybe start with more recent work like 'HaHa Sound'.
on 4 January 2002
This reminds me of Air, Portishead, Goldfrapp, Ennio Morricone Brian Eno and even Clinic, who all do this weird, ambient malarky better. However, the first and final tracks are lovely little numbers and "Come On Let's Go" and "Paper Cuts" are surprisingly catchy. What the hell, they could have even been played on the radio. If you like the formentioned groups you'll probably like this, or if you hold many wine parties. Don't expect a monumental album but it is a cool addition to your CD collection, and let's face it, that's why Warp sell any records. Does this make Rayleigh the coolest place on Earth now with two owners of Broadcast? Let's hope not.