Format: DVD|Change

on 6 March 2011
Based on a book written by his wife, the film tells of Bruce Lee's life. You will have read from other reviews that there are some factual inaccuracies, however it is a largely accurate account of the man's life.

The film is a good tribute to Bruce Lee's life and for many others like myself, it tells the story of his short but amazing life very well. In that respect it serves a very important function and helped me find out about the Legend of Bruce Lee.

The casting is very good and I consider Jason Scott Lee was ideal for the role. He bears a strong resemblance to Bruce Lee both facially and in terms of bodily movements.

The film in its own right is very interesting and even if there are a few inaccuracies, this does not prevent it from being highly entertaining and enjoyable.

I would strongly recommend this to anyone.
on 28 January 2016
It was an extraordinary movie with lots of action and scenes full of martial arts movements.
I believe that the main actor was a great choice to play the legendary Bruce Lee and the
entire movie has been the closest to his life so far.

So, I vote for this movie and I recommend martial arts fan to buy that.
on 12 November 2013
In 1968 came a super star taking the world by surprise named Bruce Lee. 1973 he sadly passed away from our world. 1993 in the honour of him and his son Brandon Lee who also passed away in 1993, they made this master piece movie Dragon.

Based on the life and career of Martial Arts superstar, Bruce Lee. Haunted by demons. Bruce was taught Martial arts at childhood. Bruce then was told by his father to flee to the United States. There, he opened up a Martial Arts school, then was chosen to be the Green Hornet's sidekick, Kato. Then, his big movie career that included "The Big Boss" and "Enter the Dragon". Fighting many enemies along the way, including his childhood demon.

this movie did their best to honour Bruce Lee, its beautiful told story, the acting is beautiful acted, you can feel they did everything in their power to make a great movie and honour Bruce Lee, and it feels so strong in heart.

The only nit pick I have is some part of the story of this movie is not truly told, for example in the beginning they describe Bruce Lee as a poor boy coming from a single father, but that wasn't true, he came from a rich family. And in the movie there is demon chasing Bruce Lee and is the main villain, the idea is good because that demon is a metaphor for Bruce inner demons but it becomes too much when his shifu Ip Man tells him "you must fight him" that sounds odd isn't it better to say "you must fight your inner demons" ? but that just a small nit pick.

there is someone who caught my eyes that I really enjoy to watch in this film, and that is the Cameo of Alicia Tao as April, the girl who is the first love interest of Bruce Lee in this movie, I really love her style when she work on her character, really a good represent of Asian beauty, but when I look at her IMDB page I find she has only worked in this film, Really? there is no more? if there is more movies with her please let me know, would like to see more of her work.

All in all this movie is beautiful and a great movie from the 90s before the Hollywood industry changed to Video game movies with too much CGI.

Verdict? A must see
on 24 February 2002
I loved this movie, not only did the actor look like bruce in his own way but he moved like him too.
It was a exiting film and a bit of a heart rencher as well, Don't you just love well made films.
on 20 September 2013
The Dragon the Bruce was recommended to my husband as a brilliant film by a friend I thought I would give my husband a surprise
and send for it and we both were not disappointed it is a brilliant film worth getting it and I feel you could watch it more than once

Overall the service was excellent very pleased and it came on time

J Sim
I don't know that much about Bruce Lee, besides the obvious - i.e. his legendary status as the man who basically brought the martial arts genre to the West. Therefore I can't really say how factually accurate this film is (although, in the version I watched, Bruce Lee's real wife gave a brief speech at the beginning of the movie, saying how faithful it was). However, I hope I know a good story when I see one and I'm pleased to say that this is it.

If, like me, you don't know too much about the man himself, I'm not sure how much more you'll know after watching Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. I've read Bruce Lee `purists' online saying how inaccurate this film is, but, the one thing even they can agree on, is what good performances Lauren Holly and Jason Scott Lee give as Bruce Lee and his American wife.

Therefore, with good performances, decent fight scenes and an - albeit questionably good - storyline, there are worst films you can watch if anything about Bruce Lee's life or the martial arts genre in general interests you.
on 24 January 2007
See above

The English version was released before they allowed Nunchuks onto British screens. They hacked the final scene so its Cack compared to the original version
on 20 November 2000
Dragon is an excellent feel good movie that follows the amazing life of an incredible man. If this film covers the true events of Bruce Lee's life then, although he died at quite a yound age, no one could argue he had di'dnt have a full and brilliant life time.
If you love martial arts movies and love cheesy feel good films, then you will love this.
on 28 December 2006
I personally am one of biggest Bruce Lee fans so when I heard there was a tribute film based on his life I had to see it. After seeing this film, however, I was shocked. The film is full of inaccuracies (e.g. the film says he was the only child of Grace Lee and Lee Hoi Chen which of course is not true) as well as manipulating facts and changing them to make the film more interesting for the viewer (e.g. how Lee damaged his back; in reality it was from training, but in the film it was from an angry chinese master who took a cheap shot on Bruce when he wasn't looking. Anyone who studies up on Bruce Lee will know that he never let his guard down). Personally I'd suggest staying away from this film, it's interesting to watch but it is NOT a factual film, full of errors, omissions, and falsified details.
on 27 September 2002
The more I watch this movie, the more I like it... In fact the movie is a colourful and romaticised adaptation of Bruce's life, which sticks more or less to the events .It adds a lot of cinematic licence to make the 2 hour experience more interesting to the fee-paying viewer.More importantly it minimises those embarassing scenes seen in other such biograhical films (eg "Hello Mr McCartney , my names Lennon - Do you want to form a band?" ) Those who are not experts on Lee's life will be none the wiser of the liberties taken by the writers and will therefore enjoy the experience even more. The fight scenes seem authentic enough and this is where Jason Scott Lee's performance comes to the fore as Lee's fighting style is replicated exactly . The weakest point lie in the lovey dovey family scenes which seem to have been pasted in to appease Linda (his wife and advisor on the film ). This is basically a bloke's film so such smaltz is rightly frowned upon .The final scene however and the wonderful soundtrack by Randy Edelman will bring a lump to the hardest throat. Buy this film .