on 18 April 2001
Buffy season one in hindsight now appears a little dated. The same cannot be said about this box set, however this probably owes something to a character called Spike. 'School Hard' is certainly one of the all time 5 greatest Buffy episodes yet (although it is obviously never going to compare to 'Primeval', 'I wear the cheese, the cheese does not wear me')and just about any episode featuring Drusilla is bound to be entertaining. Thoroughly good value. This does raise one important issue; when will Spike get his own series?
on 26 August 2016
Great condition!
on 24 February 2002
in this double episode buffy and angel take there relationship to a new level when they make love but the night ends up bad when angel becomes angelus
in this episode we find out jenny calanders secret and willow finds out about xander and cordelia
but the scooby gang must put all there differences and heartache aside when they take on the judge who along with spike dru and the newly gone bad angelus set to destroy the world
on 19 January 2001
I was abit unsure about extending my buffy collection, but this video set is one of the best ive ever seen. I particualrly like 'halloween', where buffy loses her powers and becomes a 17th century lady. It is great seeing her in a weak, defenceless roll in contrast to her usual superhuman strength demon killing role.
4 words of advice - buy this video set
on 11 February 2001
the second buffy box set is pretty good stuff, and does contain a few good episodes like school hard but is not as good as season 2 box set 2 a notable thing about this box set is the introduction of spike and dru
on 14 April 2001
This season is the best ever made. The follow up to this box set is just perfect for all buffy fanatics out there. I've ordered the second part to this season and can't wait. My favourite episodes on this box set have to be "School Hard" which features the fantastic 'Big Bad!' Yep...It's Spike! Not to mention the funny Drusilla who brings a little insanity (did I say a little?!) to the buffy series! "Halloween" is also a great episode when everybody gets turned into their costumes...as Willow said, "Couldn't Buffy have dressed up as Zena!" "Lie to Me" follows, and is also an excellent episode as we see more to do with Buffy's friend from the past (literally...well...he is now anyway...), and we see more of Spike and Dru, and even a little more of that gorgeous vamp, ANGEL! Finally on the last tape is a fantastic two part epiosde "What's my line (part one and part two)" These are both fantastic episodes however it helps if you've seen season one. Even if you haven't, at the beginning of the boxset is a kind of introduction which tells you the main storyline in season 1! And finally, "Ted". I'll tell you this, If my mum was divorced and her boyfriend talked to me like that, I would've done the same thing! Also, a little love is blossoming with X and Queen C. Who would've thought Xander and Cordy would ever be attracted to one another! Well that's all I have to say about this box set. If I've bored you to death, don't worry. Buy the box set and especially buy the next part of the season. You will not be disappointed and you'll be far from bored! 3 words= buy it now!
on 24 August 2000
I got this video the day it was released and watched it about twenty times that day coz I liked it so much. If you are a true 'buffy the vampire slayer' fan then you should have this video and all the other single video's and box sets.
on 18 April 2000
I really love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I didn't think this was nearly as good as the first season. Most of the episodes seem wishy-washy, and only about a third of them are worth coming back to watch again. Those are: "When she was bad", "Halloween" , "School Hard", "Lie to me" and "What's my line?". It also incorporates the worst ever episode of Buffy (apart from perhaps season 1's "I robot, you Jane"), "Ted", which makes a great deal on the box blerb about featuring an actor who isn't famous in England.
Box two on the other hand features some of the best episodes ever, including "Surprise/Innocence", "Bewitched, Bewildered and confused", "Passion" (best ever "serious" episode) and "Becoming"
Buy box 2 instead.
on 3 December 2000
Not a great season I'm afraid. The first half was the weakest and sappiest Buffy season ever. Some episodes are good such as "Reptile Boy" and "The Dark Ages" but generally the episodes wern't so good.
on 15 January 2001
This half season is pretty poor on the whole as that Drusilla gets on my nerves. The bad guys aren't that scary and there is no absolutly brilliant action / fight scenes. On the whole I think they could have done better.