on 3 December 2010
Great viewing and a really neat price. My 12 year old daughter loves these films - I have bought her the entire box-collection for Christmas!
on 10 March 2000
Okay, so these have all been on TV before but this beautifully packaged collection will sit well in any video collection. It contains 11 episodes, including the excellent Whats My Line two-parter and School Hard, some of the best episodes of the season. I don't need to say how good Buffy is, but don't hesitate to get your hands on this colleciton before they all sell out. And pre-order season 2 part two now.. as they used to say on Batman, the best is yet to come...
on 30 June 2000
I liked this half of series 2 more than the later half because their are a lot of introductions to new characters. We meet Oz, Spike, Drusilla and Ethan Rayne. My favorite episode was 'The Dark Age'. I also enjoyed 'school hard' where we first meet Spike and Drusilla. I preferred series 2 to series 1 probably because you learn more about the different characters backgrounds and because the storylines are a bit more adventurous.
on 25 July 2000
I bought this box set because I needed to catch up on some of the earlier episodes if I was to become a fully fledged Buffaholic.The only ones I really liked out of this set were School Hard , Halloween, Lie to Me and also What's my line (just for Oz's cute joke about the monkey pants!) I preferred the second box because it had more drama and moving performances. I did like the introduction of Spike and Dru though.
on 11 July 2000
I have to say I'm not the worl'd biggest Buffy fan( in fact I'd never watched the show before), then my Buffy obsessed friend forced this vid into my VCR and made me watch it. I was astounded. The writing was so good and it's soooo underrated. I thought this episode was kinda depressing. I liked when they found out who Jenny really was and also when Cordy jumped out and shouted Surprise; that was cool as well. I'm not admitting it to my friend, but I am hooked on this series now!( Plus I think seth green who is Oz is reallly really cute and should be developed more as a charecter.)
on 14 December 2000
*These tapes include the first 11 episodes from season 2 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer!*I personally liked the beginning of season 2 (97-98)because it focused on the development of the show as far as the mosters and plots of the characters. Plus I'm a big Buffy and Angel fan so these episodes show the beginning of their relationship! It is well worth the money!
on 21 December 2004
The first instalment of this brilliant programme was great, this is even better I could not stop watching dvd after dvd not getting any sleep until I had seen them all, I am completely hooked and totally in love with the very brooding Angel. Each episode is jam packed with "Kick ass moves" and unusual story lines. This is a must see!! Money well spent!!
on 26 April 2002
If you want to get into this series, this is the place you need to start. If you've previously seen Season 1, you'll notice the improved depth of writing and characterisation right from the first episode, with Buffy struggling with the delayed shock from her near-death experience in the previous year's closer, and the sexual temperature rising several degrees. While the contents of this box set are still quite episodic, these episodes laid down the essential personalities, relationships and situations that would drive the series at least until graduation. The first highlight is "School Hard", which, in a single hilarious and shocking scene, explicitly announces the replacement of pantomime villainy by believable and coherent psychopathology. In the process, it introduces television's must charming and lovable pair of murderous psychos in Spike and Dru. "Halloween" and "The Dark Age" begin Giles's development from a tweedy figure of fun to a far more complex and formidable character. "Lie To Me" is BTVS's first all-out assault on the viewer's emotions, introduces the first elements of moral ambiguity and has what is arguably still the series's most disquieting ending. Finally, “What’s My Line” wraps off the box with some suitably rousing action. There are two reasons why this only gets four stars. Firstly, there are some less ambitious monster-of-the-week episodes that, while still above the average Season One standard, suffer by juxtaposition with those mentioned above. Secondly and more importantly, the box finishes with quite the worst episode Mutant Enemy has ever produced in the dismal “Ted”. There are other episodes which are simply incompetent in execution or weak in concept. However, “Ted” uniquely betrays its audience by dealing with life-changing and format-breaking events for thirty minutes before copping out with a contemptible plot reset manoeuvre reminiscent of Star Trek: The Next Generation at its worst. Fortunately, BTVS would never again retreat so openly from the emotional and moral implications of its plots, as you’ll see very rapidly if you move on to the second half of this season.
on 15 December 2000
This is the first part of the excellent second season of Buffy. The plots writting and episodes are brilliant with some great twists. While the actors and actresses are on top form Particuarly Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy and the scene stealing James Masters as Spike.
All in all worth the money buying.
on 16 December 2000
I love this set - in some ways prefering it to the second box-set of Season Two. It sets the characters up so well for the rest of the season and for Season Three. If you like Buffy then you can't really be without this season. It contains some of the greatest Buffy episodes. I may be strange in this, but my favourite episode of this set is 'When She was Bad'. It brilliantly re-introduces the characters after the death of the Master and subtley explores the tensions between them all. The emotional inter-play between Xander/Willow, Xander/Buffy, Buffy/Angel is expertly managed. The sexy dancing scene in the Bronze is a real highpoint as is the 'feelgood' ending when Buffy is re-united with Willow and Xander. It really rings true about adolescent friendships. Other top episodes are 'School Hard', the brilliant 'Lie to Me', 'The Dark Age', the two-parter 'What's My Line' and 'Ted' (and Xander is both funny and touching in 'Inca Mummy Girl' - watch the sweet-eating scene). 10/10 really. There are a couple of duff ones but nothing unwatchable. The perfect starter to the main course of 'Surprise', 'Innocence', 'Passion' and 'Becoming'.