Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Swingers [DVD] [1997]
Format: DVD|Change

on 20 November 2010
There aren't too many films like this around. It's kind of a Sex in the City for guys, although I think it came along before the SATC series. It's a guys film that's pretty good for a lads night in. There are some great early performances from Jon Favreau, Vince Vaughn and Brooke Langton. Heather Graham shows up too. It's not slapstick humour but rather observational comedy about the dating scene from the male perspective. Great quotable dialogue too.
on 24 December 2010
Having spent a great deal of time, money and effort building a collection of classic films I soon realised that most films aren't suited to repeat viewing. And so I stripped it back to the two films that are worthy of regular viewing. These are 'The Big Lebowski' and 'Swingers'. If you are intelligent, sensitive and appreciate style then this is a film for you.
on 30 August 2015
The DVD arrived in excellent condition - good as new. Great price & very speedy delivery. What more can you ask for ?!!
A fantastic early film from Vince Vaughan - hilarious !!! Soooooo good, with great supporting cast including Jon Favreau and Heather Graham.
I'm a HUGE Fan - never fails to make me laugh out loud !! (-:
on 24 March 2013
The film is very funny and entertaining. One you can watch many times. PQ is excellent in my opinion. It looks as good as is supposed to. Grain is not a bad thing, it is a bad thing when it's not where is supposed to. Contrast, color and black levels are excellent. There are some extras and commentaries I haven't watched
on 2 January 2013
First watched this back in 1998. After having lived in LA for a while, i can relate to the weird and wonderful life of a wanna-be-actor can be like, particulalry on the hollywood scene. I find parts of the script just fabulous. recommend this to anyone.
on 18 February 2013
A friend told me about this film years ago but never really sold it to me. It was only recently I got around to watching with a friend and instantly bought myself a copy!

It's a great guy film - although at times a little cringey!
on 7 November 2003
You have to hand it to director Doug Liman, he has captured the essence of a typical blokes night out in 90 minutes. This film is one of the greatest I have seen.

Concentrating on the life of Mike (Jon Favreau) who's long term relationship has ended and stand up career hasn't even started the film shows how a bit of male bonding can help sort that all out. With some help from his mate Trent (an excellent Vince Vaughn) and a few others they manage to lose money at Vegas and travel the LA club and bar scene with often hilarious results.

Every bloke will notice parts of this film and say "god I've done that or that has happened to me one time or another". This is what makes the film entertaining and thoroughly watchable. It is also accompanied by a great soundtrack which includes the very best in jazz funk from Big bad voodoo daddy and Jazz jury and even Dean Martin crooning away at his best.

Laugh, you will. Enjoy it, definitely. I can't emphasize enough what a must see film this is, and I defy anyone not to cringe and laugh out loud at the answer machine message scene, truly brilliant.
on 27 December 2015
I find this a good and funny film I enjoy it I saw it on TV once and liked it so I got the DVD as it's not on TV that much.
on 16 October 2001
I won't say this about many films, but there is never a wrong time to watch Swingers.It gives every male hope in a humourous & realistic way that life can be sweet once again, with mates & with the ladies.The film itself seems very short and basic but at the same time deals with lots of issues,it is one of those films you won't tire from and will be worth 'the money'.As everyone else has said the soundtrack is original and smooth and fits in well. Although not a jazz fan this is to my taste. This was actually recomended to me by a female friend & since then lifes full of possability!
on 28 August 2016
Great film. Vince Vaughn's greatest role.