on 10 March 2017
I had to read this for a book club group so it wasn't my choice and I decided to watch the film. I didn't enjoy this book and didn't engage with the characters. Its hard to expand without spoilers but if you want some easy escapism this might be for you. I prefer novels and films with layers of meaning which this didn't provide. It got a lukewarm reception from the group too. I'm told this wasn't one of Spark better novels and I didn't enjoy the film although Paul Newman is always worth watching.
on 27 September 2017
good storyline, if ever predictable, especially the end.
Dialogues sometimes are just passable, but for a love story that is not the usual "I love you" "you love me" "let's have 15 minutes of sex scenes...", it is not bad.
on 17 September 2017
Ive seen these actors in other films and their acting was better. Nice story line, good for a chilly Autumn afternoon snuggled up on the sofa with hot tea, but no worth wasting a good evening over.
on 16 November 2017
Speedy delivery. A feel good factor film for the cold nights over the fire
on 24 January 2017
Sadly I was not able to play this DVD, it did not work in my region.
on 14 October 2017
Wasted 2 hours of my life waiting for something to happen, the predictable storyline did not disappoint in it's uninspiring ending. Whenever they thought you needed a little more emotion the music kicked in, with its loud crescendo just to let you know that something significant was happening.
on 5 December 2017
Thanks very happy with it
on 9 September 2017
Romantic film
on 12 September 2017
Beautifully made story , presented film. Highly recommended.Finally glad to have back in my film collection.
on 5 May 2017