on 20 April 2014
I encountered a problem with this disc which turned out to be the result of a faulty pressing. I returned the disc to the seller as per their instructions but am yet to receive my refund.
I was able, during the troubleshooting process, to create a watchable copy (now deleted) of the main feature, so can offer this brief review:
The picture quality is fantastic. I was torn between this and the Anchor Bay BR release, mainly because the Shout! Factory release has a distinctly warmer colour tone, but I'm glad I chose this one. The colour tone makes the characters look naturally tanned, whilst the gore gains a great deal more impact because of the more visceral colour of the blood. The image detail is fantastic throughout.
Unfortunately, the audio has a small flaw: sibilance seems exaggerated and can cause "s" sounds to be overly sharp and to squash other sounds. It doesn't distract from the film as a whole, however.
Definitely recommended to fans and newcomers alike.
One person found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 23 April 2016
My personal favorite when it comes to zombie entertainment and, arguably, George Romero's best - and goriest - movie. The dead come back to life, and what's left of the living is slipping away into oblivion... I'm sure you know the drill by now. Unlike most zombie flicks nowadays, Day of the Dead approaches the topic with an intent to explore, searching for a new story hook and a new way of looking at the world established in the previous two "of the Dead" movies. As fun to watch as it ever was, this movie comes on top when compared to the entries of the modern zombie genre. Watch it, preferably when munching on some smoky ribs.
One person found this helpful
on 21 March 2015
I like this DVD, had it on video, and replaced it. I think George Remero done a great job, despite the budget for this film being halved. Strong performances from the actors/actress. There is some DVD extras, which when I saw was surprised. Good soundtrack. and there is also a small book in the DVD case, which gives some information about the film.
on 16 December 2016
Excellent zombie film with superb make up and effects. Definitely the darkest of the trilogy. Very viseral and disturbing.
on 29 July 2017
The best of all the Zombie films
on 4 July 2017
Fantastic quality! Happy with purchase!
on 3 January 2018
great film
on 28 March 2017
Classic film arrived in quick time thank you
on 10 June 2016
Romero's at is best
on 8 November 2016
I cant believe how good this film was to say it was in 1985. It was quite gory in parts. loved the head rip scene