on 31 May 2016
If you read and enjoyed this with a young child you may well be disappointed with this version of the story which has very much had the Hollywood treatment. It deviates from the storyline considerably, introduces scary ight scenes with skeletons, robotic sharks, axe wielding creatures etc and generally looses the charm of the original book.
3 people found this helpful
on 17 October 2016
got this for my 5 year old grandson and he was spellbound with it all the way through,, and of course that is all he wants to put on now ehn he is here,, I feel I know the script now,, good story for the youngsters
One person found this helpful
on 28 June 2016
Super DVD. I bought for my class to watch after we finished the novel. The storyline of the DVD differs from the book so beware if your children are anal and weird about this type of thing as it generated lots of discussion! Still a super dvd, half real, half animated, Joanna Lumley is just fantastic.
on 15 July 2017
Excellent movie. My 34 year old grandson loves it. It's as good now as it was many years ago on its first release. The only potential 'scarey' bit was when the 'rhinoceros ' appears.
on 17 February 2017
The babies and slightly older children love this film. The babies enjoy watching insects wriggling around everywhere and the children are captivated by the magic of life inside the peach.
on 21 October 2017
One of my favourite films you can't go wrong with this film watch it.. fun for all the family
on 20 February 2018
Fantastic children's story. My 6yo son was hooked from the start. We have since watched it everyday.
on 27 October 2016
one of my childhood fave's!! Bought this after our original dvd got broken, arrived quickly and still the best Roald Dahl film ever!!!
on 4 April 2018
Great Item ! Great Delivery !! Many Thanks :)
on 16 February 2017
I had forgotten how strange and sometimes a little scary this film was. arrived on time in perfect condition. Good watch!