Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 13 March 2014
A brilliant film, inspirational to students I teach who thoroughly enjoyed it and wanted to buy the dvd themselves. The music was also perfect for the story.
on 4 January 2012
What is there not to like about a Michelle P film? Suppliers delivered to time and condition was excellent. I look forward to watching this movie frequently.
on 16 April 2014
When your parents say "the old ones are the best", I think they are referring to this film. Quality service from Amazon as usual. Defo recommend!
on 13 August 2013
Received in Excellent condition and just what was required to keep the grown ups entertained an excellent film with good entertainment all around
on 6 September 2011
its a brilliant film and what makes it better is the fact that its a true story which is always a plus for me, well worth the price for the dvd.
on 9 January 2013
I bought this for my 20 & 18 year olds, I like to get them movies which i enjoyed, they have both watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it
on 7 December 2013
Average film. I can see the message they are trying to make, but it falls a little flat. Michelle Pfeiffer is good in it though.
on 24 June 2007
A fantastic movie, a bit clichéd for today's times but quite breakthrough in 1995. Well acted, well written, funny at times, serious at other times. Altogether well balanced.

Except the end. I mean, seriously ... what happened at the end??? I know that she left for her "reasons" but it is never actually clear what her reasons are. Is she leaving because she's upset at Emilio's death? Is she upset at the 'system' and it's lack of flexibility? Is she bored with helping these kids?? I don't actually know! The ending seems way too sudden, as if the producers ran out of money and had to finish the film by the end of the day. The movie took the perfect amount of time getting itself introduced. The pace was good, until Emilio's death. I don't know ... the ending left me thinking "Well, why is she so special? She hasn't actually DONE anything except bribe these kids with candy bars and roller-coaster rides!" Overall the message is good, and the storyline is fine. The movie is shot nicely and it works well enough for me. It was entertaining. But it left me wondering exactly why she even bothered trying to educate these kids in the first place if she was so willing to just leave them just at a time when they were starting to appreciate her message!
on 30 January 2012
this is by far one of my favourite films ever (joint place with dirty dancing loll)...definately reccomend it to everyone!!
on 16 June 2013
Really good condition, played back perfectly. It did freeze once but I think that may have been down to my DVD player.