Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon 21 October 2010
The image quality of this Blu-Ray release is fantastic and is worth buying just for that.

The movie is shown in its original 2.2:1 Aspect Ratio and has 7.1 channel Sound.

The movie was shot in 65mm Super Panavision which I expect leads to the high quality image.

Plus of course the film was made by the same experts as several of the James Bond movies.

Some of the extras are the same as in the 2003 DVD Release and the disc features two basic games that can be played using the Blu-Ray player remote control.

The only one negative I found was the slow loading time of the disc but at least after the movie it only has a copyright image in English unlike some that go on for over five minutes in many languages.
on 20 August 2016
I watched this film so many times with my children that I had become quite jaded, but watching again this time, I was once more caught up in the magic of the film. The songs are wonderful, and the story and effects so much fun. The music doll scene is stunning to watch - how Dick van Dyke and Sally Ann Howes managed both the singing and the choreography is pure genius. My only complaint - and it's been on every version of the film I've ever owned, from VHS right through to Blu ray - is the sound mixing, especially with the children's voices is so poor. For such a timeless film that has proved its worth and popularity over the years, you'd think it would deserve a decent remastering to sort out some of the original faults. However, despite that, this is a must see for all families.
on 24 April 2017
I've always loved this film (I'm now 48) and have loved sharing it with my own children (as well as other classics I.e. The sound of music) it's just so magical.
It's great hearing them laugh and sing along with the songs :)
I bought this as a replacement DVD
on 17 September 2017
An absolute classic!
This version has an interlude in the middle of it for a couple of mins which is quite good as it is a long film and allows you to top the kids drinks and pop corn up!
There is about a minutes worth of engine noises with a blank screen at the beginning which may make you think something is wrong but the start of the film starts normally straight afterwards!
Still a brilliant film now as it was when I was a child!
on 15 April 2017
So much fun. I hated the idea of this movie as a child, so never gave this old classic a chance. But watching as an adult I have found it's so sweet and transports you to another world where cars can fly and a baddies get their comeuppance! Highly recommend for all ages.
on 14 April 2017
The copy I ordered w,as VERY cheap, but arrived as described - in original cellophane wrapper. However, when playing it there is a "sort of" buzz on the soundtrack. So I am wondering if it is, in fact, a copy DVD. It is OK though and is watchable. It is the old saying "you get what you pay for" !!!
on 31 July 2017
Given that I love this one, no real comment.
I didn't know that POSH meants Port Out Starboard Home on the East Indian sailing boats. You were bleached if on the wrong side during the long trips.
on 30 August 2017
Classic! The child catcher is as creepy as ever!! Reminds me of Kris Jenner!
on 22 May 2017
Great film, great music. Loved it as a kid and now my 6 year old loves it. 3 year old found it a bit dull, though.
on 18 March 2017
Always enjoy this film , no mattet how many times have watched it