on 22 November 2017
There were a lot of good films in 1997, sadly this is not one of them. Part of me feels like this deserves a higher rating, I did laugh at a few bits, but then I think about the main characters and I have to resist the urge to remove another star.

The titular characters are reprehensible. Most films will have you rooting for the heroes, I wouldn't have minded one bit if Romy and Michelle had ended in a fatal head on collision with a Yak. Or possibly if they'd just been taken outside and shot, as long as it was done in a comedic fashion.

The popular people from high school are made out to be the villains of the piece for being mean and superficial, meanwhile the nerdy guy who Michelle ignored in high school is now a billionaire so suddenly he's 'good enough' for her.

The characters are all one dimensional morons, the story is idiotic and the directing has some unusual choices. I'm really not sure if the close up of Romy putting her seatbelt on was a subtle commentary on road safety or a shameless opportunity to ogle Mira Sorvino's legs with an attempt at an upskirt shot.

This film was probably better when it was first released, I get the impression that it hasn't aged well, but watching it now was just painful.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 October 2017
I just wanted to sit down and watch something humorous, as it was a bit of an effort to watch anything at all quite frankly. So I thought, this looks good to lift my mood. I made the right choice!
I really enjoyed this. It’s a precursor to ‘Bridesmaids’ and in its own way is just as uplifting. Lovely girls, down on their luck, nasty friends – can they turn things around at the school reunion?
Actually, great acting all round. Yes, the plot is rather predictable, but hey, it made me laugh, lifted my mood and made my evening – what more could you ask for.
on 12 October 2015
LOVE THE FILM!!!I LOVE IT BECAUSE THE'BAD GIRLS' GET THEIR COMEUPPANCE AND THE 'PUT-UPONS' COME OUT ON TOP----GREAT!!!STORY==2 GIRLS WHO WERE A BIT 'KOOKIE' AT SCHOOL ARE INVITED TO A HIGH SCHOOL REUNION'.THEY DO OF COURSE MEET THEIR TORMENTORS AND FEEL THEY MUST MAKE A STORY UP OF HOW SUCCESSFUL THEY HAVE BECOME----IT IS EASILY PROVED THEY HAVEN'T BEEN THAT SUCCESSFUL AND DECIDE JUST TO BE THEMSELVES.THE TORMENTORS HAVEN;'T BECOME AS SUCCESSFUL AS THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO BE----AND SO, OUR TWO 'HEROINES' COME OUT ON TOP.THOROUGHLY ENJOYABLE AND RECOMMENDED.
on 8 October 2017
Some films are a guilty pleasure and this, shamelessly, is one of those films. Call me a goof for liking it, but I guess it appeals to a certain generation and at a certain time. 21st Century audiences may not find it as funny or fail to be charmed by it, but I think it's a cult classic and it will only grow in stature as time goes by (Or "Time after time....").
on 19 July 2016
It didn't work on my TV dvd, but it works great on my laptop so i am glad because my mum hasn't a DVD player so its kept me entertained and it doesn't freeze up its great A real old time Classic
on 31 August 2017
Old classic, which you will either love or hate. I watched it when it first came out, but my daughters wanted to watch it, they enjoyed it too.
on 12 August 2013
Mira Sorvino and Lisa Kudrow are perfect in this! I was going through a bit of a 90s phase film wise, and this was a perfect one to add to my collection! Lot's of "quotes" to recite and laugh about later if you're watching with a friend. The fashion/costume design is delightfully tacky, and there's a sweet message at the end. Definitely better than "mean girls", deeper but just as funny.
on 28 April 2016
Every now and again I love to watch a "silly" undemanding film, and this is one of my favourites. 2 beautiful girls, a happy ending, some oddball performances (check out Janeanne Garofalo) what more could you want?.
on 11 September 2013
First off if your wanting to by this but unsure of region codes don't worry its region free :)

The picture quality is amazing giving that it came out so long ago
Extras are a mini featurette and a trailer but bear in mind this film did come out before DVD let alone blu ray

Love Lisa Kudrow and this film!!!
on 19 December 2016
Lots of laughs watching this. Great characters and story. Well worth a watch.