Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 5 January 2012
I ordered a DVD that arrived within a few days. It looked brand new and my wife was vey pleased when she received it for Xmas. A great product at a good price.
on 21 October 2016
Brilliant!!! Have always loved this movie!!! Takes me back to when I first saw it and how it made me feel hope in the world! Definite one for the DVD library!
on 10 January 2012
I've seen the film a couple of times but reckon it is timeless one and was pleased to see it for sale at a very reasonable price. Well worth watching again.
on 1 July 2013
Excellent film it is a must see!! It will have you laughing and crying at the same time.

This has got to be one of the best films ever made.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 February 2006
The raint day when you have a cold, feel a bit tired, stay off work and can't face the housework - snuck down on the sofa with some home made popcorn, a big mug of hot chocolate, a fluffy duvet and Fried Green Tomatoes.
Kathy Bates plays a housewife in a rut who befriends an older lady, Idgie. Idgie takes Evelyn back into her past, portraying a beautiful story of female friendship and a dark secret. Meanwhile downtrodden Evelyn throws of the shackles of her daily grind to blossom into an assertive, happier woman, and we can scream with laughter at her journey (the parking space!)
And it has a good ending.
Girl power. Girl film Yay!
on 15 December 2012
Absolutely astounding, my new favourite movie. I watched this before I read the book, but I love them both equally and they are extremely similiar.
on 28 February 2014
funny, sad, shocking, delightful, depressing, joyful.....everything! wonderful story with wonderful actors . just a joy really . feel good movie x
on 11 December 2012
Love this film - bought as a gift because its an old classic in my house - yet to put the DVD on but hoping it is well revived on Christmas Day!
on 14 April 2013
Another classic that I enjoyed watching. They sure don't make classics like this. Enjoyable and memorable. Enjoyed it all and recommend it.
on 13 August 2013
Received in excellent condition and thank you very much for a brilliant film well worth a watch for the kids and even the grown ups as well.