TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 April 2015
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is really 3 stories in one, which is really nice. Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree (1966), Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day (1968), and Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too (1974).

Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree (1966) is about Pooh running out of honey & first trying to disguise himself as a little black raincloud to steal some honey from the bees. When that doesn't work he ends up at Rabbit's place & ends up eating too much & gets stuck in the door with some very funny consequences.

Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day (1968), it's a very windy day & Pooh who misunderstands Gopher's warning goes across the Hundred Acre Wood to wish everyone a happy Winds-day. While a lot more happens in this story wishing someone a happy Winds-day is just so amusing I don't feel the need to explain this story anymore haha.

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too (1974) – Rabbit, Pooh and Piglet formulates a plan to abandon Tigger in the woods, and find him the next day so hopefully Tigger will stop bouncing on his friends unexpectedly. Later on in the story Tigger gets stuck up a tree & promises never to bounce again if he can get down. At that moment, the narrator chimes in for help. Tigger begs him to "narrate" him down from the tree, and he tilts the book sideways, allowing Tigger to step onto the text of the page.

Happy, Tigger attempts to bounce but Rabbit stops him reminding Tigger of the promise he made. Devastated, Tigger realizes he cannot bounce anymore and slowly walks away and Rabbit feels better that there will be peace, but everyone else does not and felt sad to see Tigger depressed and remind Rabbit of the joy Tigger brought when he was bouncing. Then Rabbit shows sympathy for Tigger and takes back the promise they had agreed on; he is then given a friendly tackle by an overly-excited Tigger. Tigger invites everyone to bounce with him and even teaches Rabbit how to do it. For the first time, Rabbit is happy to be bouncing, as is everyone else as Tigger sings his signature song.

As for the extras, you do get a good few on this DVD including:

A Day For Eeyore
Pooh's Pop-up Fun Facts
Heffalumps and Woozles
9 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 January 2016
In a moment of nostalgia I decided to watch this wonderful movie. All the childhood memories, the innocence of animation and the joy of watching your favourite book characters come to life just came rushing back.

This is a must-have for adults reliving their childhood, children wanting to see some of their favourites on screen and families wanting to share this classic with them. Told in a mostly musical way, this collection comprises of three adventures of Pooh and his friends as he attempts to steal honey from the bees, survive a particularly windy day and learns about all of his friends and their good-naturedly ways.

I love this collection. It is so wonderful to see that, despite being released in 1977, this movie hasn't aged a day. The animation is crystal clear actually after the initial titles are shown. I love the morals behind the stories that kids will be taught, the friendship of this sweet natured characters and the comedy aspect too! Everyone loves a bit of gloomy Eeyore!

This is definitely one silly old bear to have in your collection at home - perfect for all the family, old and young.
One person found this helpful
on 4 November 2013
I grew up on Winnie the Pooh, as I'm sure many people have, and I bought this as a gift for my Dad (he asked for it, lol). I watched it with him recently and was taken aback when I realised I was enjoying it every bit as much as I did as a child. If anything I was getting more out of it now than I did then. The animation is superb, the characters are all amazing in their own way and the script and voice acting is phenomenal, which is something I didn't pick up on in my younger days. A good example of this is the character Gopher ("He's not in the book") when he tells Winnie the Pooh, "You should do something about that speech impediment, Sonny!" while whistling through his teeth on the S's and T's.

Aside from the unrivalled work done by some of the Disney animation greats (Milt Kahl, Ollie Johnston, Frank Thomas etc), Winnie the Pooh has something for kids that's rarely seen nowadays and I think it's the respect given to the them by ensuring they are getting the best possible end product. It is what has set Disney above all the others for nearly 100 years and I can honestly say 'The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh' is up there with the best animations they have ever created.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 September 2013
My son is a big Winnie the Pooh film, we had seen this on tv and he enjoyed it, so I got it on DVD. I love this Winnie the Pooh film - I watched it myself as a child and was surprised when I knew the lyrics to the Heffalumps & Woozles, little black rain cloud, etc songs. Classic Winnie the Pooh. Gopher makes an appearance when pooh gets stuck in rabbits front door. Also tales of the little black rain cloud, trying to loose tigger, tigger jumping too high, the flood and Christopher Robin going to school (amongst other little tales). It is done with a narrow toe and interaction with him. If you love Winnie the Pooh - go back to the classics - they're such sweet little stories!
on 10 March 2015
What can I say? Its all the classic Winnie the pooh stories I remember as a kid and not the later ones that seems to be less personal and unfamiliar. Blustery day, Winnie gets stuck in Rabbits House and meets Tigger. My 2 and 1/2 loves it and then I'm transported back in time.
Don't buy this modern Disney malarky. Go old school, then you will be 3 again but watching your kids faces not the screen.
I don't think the description on Amazon does it justice. There is a load on it.
on 26 September 2016
I suspect this one is played as much for daddy as our wee boy. This version has - in my opinion - the original character voices that fit well with the characters. It's a good mix of story and songs and one that can either demand attention or can be on in the background. In either case, after watching, there's a good chance you'll have a song or two rattling round your head afterwards - whether you choose to or not.
VINE VOICEon 5 July 2013
I have always been a fan of Pooh and friends, both on film and in print, and was very much looking forward to sharing the stories with my children. They are aged 18 months and 2 and a half years and have been absolutely captivated by this DVD. All the familiar faces are there and the stories are gently told, not too frantic like some more modern cartoons. The stories follow closely those of the books and the songs are simple and catchy.

I can't recommend this highly enough!
One person found this helpful
on 9 November 2015
Good film good blu ray but the USA version also region free you get making of documentary eye ore day 25 minute short plus other shorter ones plus dvd version
3 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 31 March 2018
A great collection of Winnie the pooh stories. I loved Winnie the Pooh growing up and have bought this to watch with my daughter.
on 22 April 2018
One of my favourite Winnie the Pooh films.
Lovely sense of huour and classic tales from the bear's adventures.