on 21 June 2016
A great 2 episode's from Season 3 put together in one, which means: 1 start, 1 end, no half way points & no adverts. Only problem I saw with it was the ad's before the show where they showed Season 3 now able to buy on Blue-Ray as it showed a small "Snap" of The Best of Both Worlds episode's in the ad. But other wise This rocks and I don't have to wait 2 days to watch the full thing as I can watch it in one day and all at once.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 24 March 2017
Seamlessly edited together into one movie, this season 3 cliffhanger is probably the most memorable two episodes of Star Trek the Next Generation that you can remember.. With some really good extras this single Blu-Ray disk is good entertainment and great picture quality. Remember that resistance is futile!
on 2 June 2013
It was a long long time ago, but I remember first watching this as a small child, perhaps it was a repeat I cant remember it sure was a long time ago. However I certainly remember these two episodes. Since then I've grown up a lot (the Borg no longer scare me) and so having not seen this since (somehow) I reluctantly brought this blu ray. i was reluctant because I didn't want to blemish my memories. When It arrived I immediately put it on... and wow. its even better than I remember. the episodes themselves are fantastic but the quality is even more impressive. its super sharp and sounds great. my only gripe as with everyone else I believe is the 4:3 ratio. But honestly after a while i stopped noticing it. I wont spoil anything but bottom line if you like star trek you need this.
on 15 September 2014
The story itself tends to be a bit slow if you compare it to modern TV but you should avoid doing that. Imagine watching it for the first time in the 1980s/90's. It is an interesting take on the Borg and how the crew try to rescue him. Brilliantly edited into a single longer episode and the special effects look like they could have been done this year!
3 people found this helpful
on 13 January 2017
Brilliant box set loads of extras, the blue ray transfer is very good the only draw back is it was recorded in 4.3 aspect ratio, & they couldn't transfer is to wide screen. But apart from that, one of the best box sets I have bought.
on 13 October 2015
Worth getting even if you already own the individual season sets - if only for the fabulous documentary included only on this disc. As with the season sets, the picture quality is jaw-dropping and the sound quality is fabulous. If only DS9 and Voyager could be given the same treatment...
3 people found this helpful
on 27 April 2014
Although this first two-parter in the history the Star Trek:TNG can also be purchased as part of the season boxes 3 and 4, I prefer this stand-alone release.
The quality of the picture and sound are really good for such an old tv movie, very good transfer to real HD, completed with some new behind the scenes extras and a nice packaging.
A must for every fan of Star Trek: TNG.
on 28 October 2015
What can i say? This has always for me been the best story of TNG and even though some say that the 2nd part was not up to scratch it still filled the story with good action, great lines "I am Locutus of Borg, resistance is futile, your life as it has been is over, from this time forward you will service.........Us" and just all around great story.
on 5 June 2016
One of my favourite to watch of all times
on 7 March 2018