Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now

on 18 August 2005
I can't help thinking that Bottom gets overlooked too often when so-called 'classic' sitcoms are mentioned. Normally you just hear of 'Only Fools and Horses', 'Porridge', 'Blackadder', 'Fawlty Towers' and a few others, but I can't be alone in thinking that Bottom ranks up amongst the best.
Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson are sensational in all three series, and the fact that the whole show is basically a two-hander makes it that much more impressive. I think they too are criminally underrated, and a huge part of the phenomenom that is 'The Young Ones'.
Series 3 contains the infamous 'the one where they're stuck on a Ferris Wheel' episode, which I still think is one of the funniest as I enjoy watching enclosed space episodes of sitcoms (One Foot In The Grave did that one where they're stuck in the traffic jam). It takes guts - and strong material, and great actors - for a sitcom to do this kind of episode, and Bottom pulls it off well.
on 14 September 2005
Again another excellent performance from the probably the best 2 comedians of the 90's, and excellent series to rival the first 2. I still laugh at them all and probably will do for a long while. 5*****
on 14 August 2005
What can I say that hasn't been said a thousand times already. Bottom is a much missed classic that will forever live on in the hearts of it's many fans. Series three for me was the pinacle of the show. My personal favourtie is...., well actually I love them all and one doesn't stand out above the rest. Comparing Bottom to todays pathetic attempts at comedy is not worth doing. There has not been a brittish comedy since it that has been better and that's sad considering it's been a long time. Although it does help when you have two of comedy's best giving us their best work. If you havn't seen Bottom treat yourself, if you have I don't need to tell to buy this dvd as chances are you already have. Thank god shows like Bottom and Red Dwarf were made!!!.
on 13 September 2000
The best of the 3 series of the wonderful "Bottom" with Rik Mayall and Ade Edmonson, in my opinion the 2 greatest comedians of our time. Although the episode with the Ferris Wheel is a small let down the Halloween episode alone more than makes up for it, along with other episodes. My favourite of which being the one with the Hammersmith Street Riots, with looting, stealing and hundreds of crates of malibu. This video is also educational and shows the best way to win a pub quiz is by keeping encyclopedias in the toilet and rigging opponents buzzers so they shock anyone who presses them. This video is one of the best I've seen and in my opinion is even better than "The Young Ones" or "I'm Alan Partridge" Gratuitous violence ahoy!
on 18 September 2008
I cannot watch these two without dissolving into laughter, it's not just the toilet humour but everything about this show, the slapstick, the ridiculous names, the looks, the set and the sheer silliness of it all, it's true escapism, and I have to say, totally harmless(!) - they weren't trying to make a statement when they made Bottom (about from perhaps trying to prove that fart jokes are still funny - they would be correct in that assumption as well), it just seems that they made Bottom because they enjoyed it and wanted others to enjoy it as well. Unlike some of the more aggressive and dark comedies that are being written nowadays that actually make you feel quite uncomfortable at times, this is just sheer slapstick and daftness that will never fail to make you giggle. I agree with the previous reviews that said about Bottom not being mentioned when people talk about Fawlty Towers and Monty Python etc, these two should be up there with the greats. For me personally, series 3 is my favourite, just because I think it's actually the funniest of all three series, and unlike other comedies, they didn't commit the faux pas of dragging the series on up until season 15,000,000, they followed the '3 series' rule and left the audience wanting more. Those who wanted more could go and see the stage shows like I did. And of course, who could forget the cattle prod halloween incident(s), or the sight of Ade Edmondson in a purple sequinned dress and wig with his 'jugs on the wrong way round' and garish red lipstick all over his face, whilst struggling to walk in high heels.... I don't think I'll be forgetting that image in a hurry...........genius!
on 12 January 2004
This is the best BOTTOM series out of the three that were made. The hilarity is second to none. When viewing this, ha ha ha, video my stomach was stabbing with the copious amount of laughter that had taken place. Adrian edmonson and Rik mayall are the ultimate comedy duo and have the upmost in comedy capabilities. Truely worth the cost and the time spent watching. This was a real insight into comedy acting
on 17 August 2005
Absolutely fabulous...the third series of Bottom was probably the most adventurous and "political", with more references to the turbulence of the mid-90s than in either of the other two, reaching of course the oddly prescient climax of "Carnival" which used to make me snigger guiltily (whilst seeming rather incredible) but now makes one roar with laughter when you realise what's going on on that stolen BBC videotape (even after the time-lapse).
Restricting the action of the show to a dilapidated ferris wheel carriage in "Hole" (a classic comedy mechanic done with great finesse in "One Foot In The Grave" and "My Family"), the series does actually open out a bit in other episodes.
Other than that, it's just Bottom! Enjoy!!!
on 9 August 2005
Bottom Series 3 is british comedy at it's best. Series 3 is another Bottom classic, the great thing about bottom all three in the series are classic's. My personal favourite in series 3 is the episode "Hole" this show's Rik Mayall's and Adrian Edmondson's comedy writing skills at their best, even confined to a ferries wheel for most of the epsiode it is hilarious.
The rest of the episodes are top notch and finshes with a bang with carnival. Sadly this was the last ever episode of bottom but with all great britsh comedies it must come to an end sometime.
on 13 December 2014
Arrived well packed as described
on 19 February 2015
Working my way through the series again after not seeing it for a good few years, I was thinking that the best episodes were in Series 2. I was wrong. They're spread through all three! Some might prefer other episodes to my faves, but what I'm saying is that it didn't go 'off the boil' at all and by the end of this disc, I thought back to seeing this on TV and feeling it was the end... but hoping for otherwise. Ah, but then they may just have gone a little stale and so now I think that three series was just perfection. Of course, there are the stage shows which are *ahem* a little different... But that's not to say I disliked them and will I be buying them soon? You try and stop me!! :D

Whoops - nearly forgot the movie Guest House Paradiso; I need to look at that again soon... always thought it was better than its reputation.