TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 March 2016
Firstly I must tell you that I am a huge Tommy Steele fan, but the good news is that this film doesn't only have a glowing review from me because of that but more I became a fan of Tommy Because of this film!
I think I first saw it in the 70's as a child and must have watched it several times during my formative years, probably at Christmas time if it was on or something. I think as I got older watching it gave me a sense of nostalgia for my youth but also I developed a real respect for Tommy's Musical & Dance talent and showmanship.
In General The film itself follows A young lad called Arthur Kipps (Based on the Novel Kipps by HG Wells) from very humble and meager beginnings through his apprenticeship at a drapers shop where he becomes a man, Arthur fell in love with a girl, Ann, with whom we stayed in contact and they were reunited as young adults, the rest of the story is about the ensuing romance and ultimate marriage of Arthur and Ann.
The film is full of memorable songs and dance sequences and beautiful scenery which paints a lovely period picture.
I won't waffle on about the details of the film as I would like you to discover it or rediscover it for yourself, allow yourself some time, get your favorite snacks, drinks, or even better favorite person and let yourself be entertained.

For some unknown reason there is no UK version of this on DVD, I used to own it on VHS so thank you Amazon for the digital release.
[...]. Thank you.
on 28 March 2017
Very happy with this purchase. Menus are in Spanish but all you need to do is select English to view the film in it's original English version. Bought for my daughter who will be studying the musical theatre version & she loved it.
on 16 April 2017
This film has it's problems. It's a bit too long and maybe a bit old fashioned... But you will totally forget these flaws ones the really big musical numbers kick in.. Tommy Steele has to much energy for the screen to fit.
on 26 March 2017
Very easy to change to English language. Bought as gift but wanted to check was easy to use. Brilliant
on 22 August 2017
very good condition tape..love the film.. good story.. brings back memories of my younger years ...
on 2 June 2017
Only available to compatible DVD players with multiple country inputs.
Only English version to be found dispite the cover graphics.
on 1 April 2017
I am delighted with this product. Thank you, AAAAAA++++++
on 12 August 2017
It was a gift and they liked it.
on 2 April 2017
A great film. Good to see some old faces
on 14 August 2017
Love this film a one off.