Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Pre-order now Shop now

Format: VHS Tape|Change
Price:£6.95+ £2.80 shipping

on 16 June 2013
If you like Dave Allen then stick with The Best of Dave Allen only as this DVD is exactly the same as that one!! That one is good value and a trip back in time - still as funny as ever.
on 4 August 2004
Dave allen is just Superb Great, All his characters are wonderful his interpretations from S Holmes, Robin hood, prisoner been shot wanting last request,vicar,pope,inventor, lots of others which i have not mentioned, one of the all time great comedians. Why has none of his Series been released on Dvd! ??, if all his series was released i for 1 would buy!!, pity he did not make any tv series or films out of any of his many characters! this would of been great!
on 10 September 2014
Always funny - but not as good a selection as I had hoped. Also, annoyingly, I had ordered a second one which I took to be a different DVD, only to find that although they had different front covers, in fact the selected material in both DVDs was identical!

I feel this is a problem with marketing.
on 17 March 2004
Watching these videos of Allen's show and sketches was absolutely delightful. His humor is fresh and original. His voice, gestures and expressions are first-rate, sometimes explosive and, of course, the stories are so subtle, so funny that you have to watch the tapes over and over again. Don't miss out on this special style of stand-up comedy.....The only drawback is they are in PAL format which is pretty useless in the U.S. I had them transferred at some cost to DVD. Wish I could purchase them in U.S. usable format..
on 20 June 2013
While is t was good to see Dave Allen sketches again and hear his laconic humor, he now seems very much of its time, is now a bit dated and perhaps in view of revelations about Catholic priests that have emerged since his time, too nice with sketches lampooning the church but certainly lacking anger: but then perhaps "anger" was not his style.The background interviews with those who knew him - mildly interesting.
on 23 December 2013
We first saw Dave Allen on tv more than 30 years ago and have been on the lookout for DVDs to play on our all-region player. We were pleased to find this one and equally pleased to receive it quickly so it could be ready for Christmas.
on 20 June 2013
Bought this a birthday present for dad, he absolutely loved it and has always enjoyed the genious that is Dave Allen
on 29 March 2013
excellent fun, timeless I would like this to come out on DVD as it would make life easier. so keep me posted.
on 7 March 2006
I have to say I am disappointed with this selection.
There was so many good monologues and sketches that could have been chosen for a tape which were passed by that it's sad that we are left with just the cynical, bitter and profane moments from Dave Allen's shows. Even most of the monologues weren't as good as what we have recently been seeing on the BBC in England from the 1971 series.
Did Dave Allen really MEAN all the stuff he came out with on these particular segments? I contrast this with what he was like in the early days when he came over as rather sweet and innocent (ok well, perhaps not that innocent!) but certainly CHARMING(with the hidden naughtiness) we all knew was there.
His smile was marvellous and he was most attractive to look at and most of the sketches were really funny.
I know this selection was supposed to have been chosen by Dave Allen himself; but it misses so much good stuff and is not the whole picture at all.
I can only hope there is better footage around on other discs.
on 3 October 2013
I know that this will be a perfect pressy for Christmas, Quick and speedy service as usual. A very funny man.