Customer reviews

on 20 December 2007
I was asked to look for this video by someone who works at a special school as the children there love it, but the copy they have no longer works. I haven't seen it myself but I see that other people like it too. The previous reviewer said that they can't find it but if you go to the Grasshopper Productions website they have it available in VHS or DVD. I haven't ordered it yet but it would appear it is still available to buy along with other stories by Peter Collington. Hope that helps!
55 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 November 2009
On Christmas Eve is a 25 minute animated film. If you like The Snowman/Father Christmas [DVD] [2005] then there is a chance you will like this film. Just like 'The Snowman' there is no dialogue, just music. It is a magical tale of Father Christmas visiting the house of a young girl on Christmas Eve.

I had this short film on video as a child and it has become a Christmas tradition ever since, this tape has been watched every Christmas for many years! However my tape has started to look its age now so I have been looking for a dvd version.

Another reviewer here kindly informed us that Grasshopper's website sells this on dvd. It is true, but Amazon sell this too. It is featured as a bonus feature on the dvd A Small Miracle [DVD] from the same production team.

Enjoy!!
on 4 December 2001
This is a real christmas classic. It has only been in the TV a couple of times, but it is something you should have on your shelf. If you are the type of person who likes to sit at home, snuggled up with a cup of cocoa and the tree lights on, on christmas eve, then this is for you, whether you are old or young. I got this on Vid a few christmas's ago and I love it. It gets me in the christmas spirit and makes me feel all warm. Its the perfect christmas picture.
11 Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 December 2007
I recorded this from the TV some years ago when my two daughters were young. My Mum, myself and my daughters loved watching it together, it became a favourite. I was disappointed not to be able to obtain a nice clear DVD of it now. It's true there's no dialogue, the whole thing is visual, very visual, very Christmassy, but there's pretty music and a song that accompanies it. We love the fairy who has curlers in her hair and big slippers.
My youngest (now 20) asked me about it, as she'd like to have her own copy - but was disappointed to find it was unobtainable.
on 23 January 2010
A truly magical christmas story. My children loved this when it first appeared on the television,going by their ages, I think sometime in the mid 90s. It appeared a 2nd time and we managed to tape it. It was watched for many years to come. Now both grown up, my youngest is 20 and we could never understand why it never appears on the television, it is definitely up there with the snowman in our ratings. Anyway thanks to amazon it wasn't long before we located it and now have it on DVD at my daughters request, ready for when she has a family one day!
We love this film. Beautifully animated and the fairy scene lighting up the way for santa is so magical. My daughter just loves the toy mice. Children and parents will not be disappointed, it's just a shame it is not shown more on TV at christmas, can't understand why.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 November 2003
Not what I expected, just thought I should make people aware who are thinking of buying it that it is infact a cartoon which I did not expect and it doen't have any talking in it. But if you don't mind it being a cartoon with no talking then you would probably love it.
11 Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse