on 20 December 2012
As much as we enjoy and replay the other Perry and Croft series, this is the one for belly laughs.
on 2 May 2014
One of the best and funniest series ever seen on TV.......Shame the PC Left-wing Twonks at the BBC will not show it for fear of upsetting "ethnic" minorities, my neighbour (an Indian Gentleman) was rolling on the floor in total hysterics, said he hadn't laughed so much in ages.
on 5 April 2013
I remember this when it first came out, it was brilliant then and its still brilliant now...Windsor Davies is superb as Battery Sergeant Major Williams (Sgt Shut Up). Its a timeless comedy with wonderful silly characters that makes this a pleasure to watch over and over again.
on 31 January 2013
I brought this for my dad for Christmas, it was one of his favorite sitcoms back in the day, and having read that the BBC were never going to re run it because it is considered to un PC for this day and age i thought i would surprise him with it. He loved it!
on 7 May 2016
Such an shame it does not get the recognition it deserves. It's so funny and hilarious. Characters are equally as memorable as Mainwaring and his lot. PC brigade gone mad, if people don't like it they need to just SHHUUUT UUUP! Thank goodness for the DVD
on 22 October 2013
I bought it as a gift for a friend as we used to talk about it ain't half hot mum, she thoroughly enjoyed watching them again, and now is having trouble getting the set back from her dad who has borrowed it, I think an ideal Christmas present for him!
on 28 December 2013
One of the best British comedy series ever and as funny now as it was all those years ago. So very pleased that the BBC have not "doctored" it to please the stupid pc brigade like they have done to other programmes released on DVD.
on 6 August 2015
When I first watched this in the 70s, I was too young to remember the storylines and plots. Most of the jokes went right over my head but I still enjoyed it for the catchphrases, the physical comedy and the sergeant major. Watching it now is like watching it for the first time. Ok, so my sense of humour has matured and there are some words and phrases that I would never use, in public or private, but in the context of when it was made and the era it represents, it is still very, very funny.

...and just like when I was a kid, I still watch every episode until the sergeant major screams "shut up" at the very end.

I bought this on Prime Day. It was very good value, arrived very quickly and was well packaged.
on 13 February 2015
Lovely lovely boy, shoulders back chest out! You is a bunch of p***fs, what is you? We're a bunch of p***fs sergeant major! My favourite episode was Bombardier Beaumont receiving a bang to the head and becoming a proper soldier.
on 5 January 2014
What do you buy someone who is bored with the numerous television repeats ? This boxed set is ideal and provides the recipient with a few hours of televisions better comedy shows. A pleasant gift which provides good entertainment.