Customer reviews

1,074
Format: VHS Tape|Change
Price:£4.99+ £2.80 shipping

TOP 50 REVIEWERon 16 February 2017
I watched this as a child and fell in love with BERT! especially when he was the chimney sweep! I remember watching it every Christmas and it never seemed to get old or dated. Fast forward to last week when my 3 year old niece and I were browsing the films available on Amazon Prime Video. She kind of likes to just watch the trailers, and we spent an hour just doing that until we came to Mary Poppins. Apparently she had heard the song "Let's go fly a kite" and as soon as it started to play it was.. "Buy it, Buy it auntie LuLu, can we watch it now... can we?" So using some of my Amazon Promotional credit I purchased it! We both sat there transfixed. I was singing along to the songs, my niece was well impressed that I knew them. She joined in when we came to the Kite flying scene.... and then we watched it again and again. She actually fell sleep while Marry Poppins was singing " Stay Awake" which I thought was just adorable.

I am not going to tell you the plot of this film, it would just spoil it for the person who has yet to see it . I will say that it is a wonderful FAMILY film. Lots of "sing-along" songs, A lot of magic and Good Feelings... what more could you ask for in a family movie!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did x
on 8 August 2017
I have always loved this film and I have bought it for my children who have learnt some of the songs at school. The film is very slow-paced by comparison with contemporary children's films, but it is subtle, gentle, humourous and with a lovely moral message centred around the father learning to spend more time playing with his children.

Aside from her wonderful singing voice, Julie Andrews' character is a sharp-witted and moral nanny to two children, and through her the children's father learns to spend more time playing with his children and less time working. It is heart-warming, gritty and educational. Dick Van Dyke's warmth and humour are engaging enough that you forgive him his terrible English accent.
on 28 July 2015
Now hang on a minute, 50th Anniversary Edition - how can that be as I remember being taken to the pictures when this was new!

Great BR with the film now restored and in high definition which seems to have added something to the magic.

The extras are a real insight into the film with lots of good and unexpected clips (not giving the game away here) and have extra meaning if you have seen the film about the film Saving Mr.Banks.
on 14 March 2017
Practically perfect in everyway! Always been a favourite film since it first appeared when I was only a toddler. Julie & Dick were the perfect acting, singing and dancing pair for this and nobody could replace them. A film you can watch time and time again and love it even more each time, especially with the animated animals included. The songs brilliant, my favourite "Feed the Birds" well it has to be when you own a parrot who sings along too! Recommend it for anyone of any age and worth a huge lot more than the price.
on 10 May 2017
This has been cleaned nicely for bluray so many of this age ave been done so badly. Nice mix of songs and story and some nice graphics arrived quickly daughter loves it would recommend for others to watch.
on 24 February 2017
Excelent on Blu-ru you get a new view on the wonderful Disney studio sets. Love this film esp Julie Andrews and Dick Van-Dyke singing that song with the very long word superkally whata hoosit...
on 8 July 2017
I bought this to watch with my grandson. Imagine us on the settee, grandfather and grandson. He was mesmerised, and there were tears in my eyes as I remembered watching it with my daughter. Pure nostalgia. He went to bed singing "Let's go fly a kite...."
on 5 May 2017
Having watching Saving Mr Banks I watched this in an entirely different light.
on 10 September 2017
Watched this again for the first time in years. Still as good as I remember it. It's a classic, along with Charlie and The Chocolate Factory and (to a lesser extent) Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
on 23 September 2017
Love the film but the sound quality is terrible. Loud on the music parts & quiet on talking parts. Have to keep adjusting the volume.
Not impressed.