Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 May 2000
This album is not as refined as 'Vertigo' is but it is still a brilliant album. filled with smooth beats and grooves it is the perfect album to chill out to! Not too slow not too hectic the beats are just perfect. A must for any Groove Armada fans!
on 9 June 2017
It is a fantastic album. I had it earlier only digitally and have made many trips with this music in my ears. There are no "little less interesting" titles on this CD. They are all crispy and leave you with astonishment on how the GA boys did it again! I recommend this CD to everybody and for me it is a very great addition to the rest of the GA collection!
on 10 July 2000
The first time I listened to Northern Star I knew I liked it but I didn't realise how much I would come to like it.
Groove Armada seem to have the knack of putting together albums where you feel you know the tunes already. Then the more you listen the more you come to love them and the quirky samples; which include theme to the High Chapperal and a brilliant 'live crowd' sample.
But the real beauty of this album is the uplifting nature of these tunes and their rich, layered texture.
on 29 December 2002
This duo have an immense skill for audio perfection, gimmackry and, dare I say, piracy. Their albums, and this one is no exception, are filled with gentle rhythms, quirky, engaging soundbites and recognisable intro's and dialogues. The music is perfect for dinner parties, it plays gently in the background adding dimension to a relaxed atmosphere and yet still has the power to transcend conversation, drawing in the listener to familiar experiences and spine tingling sections.
Every time I have played this I enjoy it and friends who are newcomers to their work ask for more. Groove Armada are the masters of ibizathian chill or nu house, they just seem to have that indefinable edge on others in their genre.
The music is bewithching, hypnotic, intelligently diverse and, just like the very best of feast delights, leaves you feeling you have never quite had enough and that you must try it again; very soon.
on 19 April 2007
Maybe not the best album of GA, but hey! It's the first. A great mixture of different sounds, yet it is clear they are from the same hand. After a weird start with Dr. Eiff things get really rockin with Captain Sensual and the breakbeat Entrance to Zanzibar. Dan Solo, Pressure Breakdown and What have we become are other indications this duo was at the beginning of meaking tons of great music. And of course very danceable and never outdated.
on 4 May 2016
This is Groove Armadas debut album with extra tracks on it missing however is Jeannerets Groove, apart from that mishap this is a pretty good album.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 January 2004
I bought this album retrospectively having bought Vertigo, Goodbye Country, Lovebox and various other mix outings and cant help feeling I should have listened to this first.
It is a slightly less polished album compared to the more recent ones which is only highlighted by the fact that I have listened to it after the recent ones.
Having said that this album is still a good one providing us with the good beginnings of GA.