Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£6.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 25 September 2000
'Migration' is the third album of Nitin Sawhney I managed get my hands on....& boy am I glad I did ! It hasn't left the CD player yet & it has been some time since I have it .... I can't seem to get tired of the very clever amalgamation of melodies from different parts of this planet! I have great respect & appreciation for an artist, who brings across so many thoughts & emotions in his work. I just love to sink into the delicate, yet passionate tunes or uplift my spirit with rhythms which are truly out of this world. Enjoy ! yes and don't hesitate to get hold of all the other albums ... its'so worth it !
on 9 September 2000
It's fairly obvious that this is only Nitin Sawhney's second album, in comparison to his latest album "Beyond Skin" it is far more ethnic. I bought this album having found "Beyond Skin" and I must say I was a little dissappointed that it wasn't as good. But on further listens it definately grows on you. The title track and "Punjabi" stand out most on this album, but I wouldn't say that any of the tracks are poor. Even though this album doesn't have the chilled out Drum and Bass rhythms of "Beyond Skin" it is well worth a try.There is one factor that remains throughout his work the fact that at the heart of his work lies an ability to create music that both moves and grooves, that can impressionistically reflect the past and present worlds of a migratory nation, and yet remain as catchy a jazz funk as you'll hear anywhere.
on 3 January 2012
At age 59 I have finally found a piece of music which holds me spellbound at every single note and change of rhythm. I seem to fall into a light state of meditation during this music and all the feelings that come up during while I am listening are totally pleasurable and comforting and heart warming. Strongly recommend.
on 23 July 2014
Bought this CD for the one song and ended up enjoying the whole thing. One of the best buys ever and I am looking forward to buying more of his work.
on 10 January 2017