Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£23.33+ £1.26 shipping

on 28 May 2000
I would part with a lot of money to buy this CD again. Everytime I listen, it just gets better and better. On the first CD, the Nu Yorican Soul track is absolutely amazing. With it 4 Hero have reworked the original Masters at Work version to give it a harder edge (both versions are brilliant). On the second CD, Ohio by the Isley Brothers is simply a record that you have play as loud as possible. Buy it!
on 24 January 2000
I've been listening to some of thes tunes for over 2o years. Freddie Hubbard's "Little Sunflower" with Al Jarreau on vocal, fantastic. New to me was "I see" vocal by M.J Cole, absolutely awesome, is this track big? It should be. Will be! Then the remake of Al Hudsons "Spread love" I've not stopped rockin' since I bought it. After playing this CD to a friend she summed it up in one word COOL.
on 6 December 2000
I bought the album following some links on Amazon, knowing a few of the tracks, but the whole CD is a great experience. The latin funky stuff combined with the very good mixes of Incognito and NuYorican soul make it for me. And the very cool start of the first CD takes me back a bit.. :-)
on 22 April 2012
Just purchased my 2nd copy of this fabulous Album as I managed to leave my original copy in the car after it was salvaged by the insurance company. That's how good this album is, a must in any collection. Having lost my original copy though, I thought it best to rip a copy to my hard drive. Has anyone else notice that the track list does not correspond with the actual track playing order? Also I just found out there's a hidden track on disk 1 before track 1 (manually rewind track 1). If you like that latin jazz feel mixed with some housey sounding tunes this is an absolute must. I know of a few others who own this masterpiece and they are all of the same opinion as to what a great album this is.
on 16 March 2008
this was the first GP album I bought years ago but just the other day it was re-recommended to me by amazon when buying another item and it prompted me to go back and listen to it again after a couple of years in a stack not unpacked since my last move. It is quite simply one of the finest selection of tunes I've ever heared assembled together. Shame it is harder to find now, but if at all possible buy it, get some friends around when the sun is shining, pour something cold, open the doors, turn up the stereo and I kid thee not a good time will ensue. Glorioius tunes back to back from the tragic Ohio to the simply pant swinging Nuthern but Thunderin (or however the hell it is spelt). wonderful album through and through.
on 22 December 1999
This is fantastic - worth it for the 4Hero track alone! Picks up the eclectic sound from his Radio 1 show and mixes it brilliantly - well worth a cheeky purchase - you will not be disappointed.
on 18 June 2000
This cd is quite simply a stunning collection of funky latin and house inged tracks that is perfect for lovely sunny days and even for lifting gloomy ones. Essential for mind and body.
on 6 December 2008
Great selection of eclectic and better known beats by that arbiter of all that is brazilian GP. Some clever mixing of new style music and older beats and a number of jazz tracks, which, with the music selected, would be tricky to pull off. GP succeeds, with most blended with expertise and aplomb. This is another reason what makes it a stand out CD; highly recommended. I'd give it 4.5 stars.

Update - I've been listening to this lately and I agree with one of the other reviewers here who said it gets better each time they hear it. I've revised my initial rating of 4.5 stars to 5. It's fantastic and I suspect GP's finest hour...........I heard him doing a set on a pod cast in Brazil and he did a mix of the Nu Yorican soul track with the one he mixed it with here..........it's almost like a hankering for a former glory, demonstrated on here........the CD is pricey though a lot of the time.....maybe this one is worth the 3 - 4 times normal CD price............maybe this is off the normal scale........priceless
on 13 December 2008
Not quite as good or smooth as his Worldwide collections, this is still a quality product. I only wish I hadn't somehow lost half of it - but then, owning only one CD of a superb 2CD collection isn't that bad!

Cool nu jazz and mixes. Nice.

My advice - this is not the best place to start your Gilles Peterson collection, but it's a great place to go to once you've started.

And it's not a bad place to start it either...
on 26 July 2015
Nice album very dancy with electro EDM autotune