Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 July 2010
You have to be very careful when buying Frankie Laine recordings as he recorded a lot his material over and over, but these tracks are the original hit versions and a must for any F.L. fan. A good selection.
on 1 September 2012
If you knew the late Frankie Laine (who died in 2007) you will know he used his powerful voice pitch perfect, The sound quality of this CD is superb,anyone who likes 50s music will enjoy this CD,A must have in your collection R. Thorne.
on 29 April 2017
The condition was very good and the sound just ok.
There are many Frankie Laine recordings to choose from and this is one of the better ones.
on 18 April 2017
brings back memories as I expected
on 29 June 2017
love his music
on 16 July 2008
I dont know how i missed this CD first time around.I bought another at the same price first & they were not the original recordings (see review).
I have most of the best recordings of Frankie taken from vinyl.This album has been remastered using Franks original voice and like a lot of other CDs they can be a bit bright in the top end.I played tracks from the vinyl copy & compared them with these recordings using two CD players.The only difference after i set the volume level's was these recordings jumped right out at you so to speak,or more noticeable volume.Also one must not forget what we played these songs on back in the fifties it was'nt the state of the art HiFi,i myself had a dansette record player as my finance's could not stretch to a Pie BlackBox (who remembers them).Back to the CD,i bought this for the track Rose,Rose,I Love You & there are his other big hits,Hey Joe no1,Answer me no1,I believe no1,Where The Wind Blows no2,The Kid's Last Fight no3,Blowing Wild no2,High Noon no7,Sugar Bush With Doris Day no8,The Girl In The Wood no11,There Must Be A Reason no9,& the powerful Granada at no9.These are his recordings between 1952-1954,also on it are Rawhide & Jezebel.A Good CD then one worth buying if you liked his earlier years.
11 Comment| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 November 2013
Being born from the days when Frankie Laine was the heart throb of many female teenager, I can say that I fully understand and appreciate what Frankie Laine offers.

If you are from the old era, then go out and buy this cd, because it might bring back some happy memories of times gone past?.
on 10 August 2013
This cd is so much better than other later Frankie Lane albums because this is the way I expect him to sing the songs. I wish other artists would market their original recordings again because most of them don't sing their later recordings in the same way. Very pleased.
on 18 January 2014
This Original Recording of Frankie Laine is Excellent and the reason I gave it 5 stars..
I have been searching for a while for a particular track and found it on this Album and.
I would recommend this to all Frankie Laine Fans.
on 11 February 2014
IF you liked original Frankie laine 50s hits you will likes this CD, it is far better than than the re_recorded songs done by Frankie in the 80s and 90s as they don't sound the same. MIKEO.