Customer reviews

on 1 October 2017
Very good album - very pleased
on 27 May 2015
It is good
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 20 June 2014
Buying 'Compilations' such as this obviously gives us many of our favourites in
a different play and selection order, I myself have a countless number of compilations
which I am trying to again give play-time too again.
This album I bought when first released, actually found the receipt within the box-set,
paid £14.99
This collection of numbers is truly a magical selection of some of the greatest hits of
the four decades leading up to the year 2000.
Great Names, Great Songs, Great Selection.......some of tracks on-board disc one to
enjoy.........'David Bowie' --'Heroes'........'T-Rex' --'20th Century Boy'........'Paul McCartney
and Wings' --'Band on the Run'........'Blondie' --'Heart of Glass'........'Radiohead' --'Creep'
and........'Oasis' --'Wonderwall' .......just a few of the genuinely memorable tracks among
the 18 on-board disc one........on disc two........'John Lennon' --'Imagine'........'Roxy Music'
--'Jealous Guy'........'Bob Marley' --'No Woman No Cry'........'The Kinks' --'Waterloo Sunset'
'Beautiful South' --'A Little Time'........'Pet Shop Boys' --'West End Girls'........and........
'The Bee Gee's' --'Staying Alive'.........again just some of the tracks deserving of a mention
to be found on disc two.
I have as I often do quite simply randomly selected around half a dozen of the superb track
list of 37 of the great numbers from the 'pop' decades leading up to the compilations release.
It's almost impossible to properly represent such a wide-span of music during the relevant
period covered to please everyone, however, for me, though many great artists are obviously
not included on-board, I think the album reflects the feel of the decades with many great
sounds to enjoy.
on 15 December 1999
I recently bought Music of the Millennium, getting into the swing of things with January 1st 2000 rapidly approaching,and generally enjoyed it. It had a wide range of artists from David Bowie, to Cher, to John Lennon with his song of the Century...'Imagine', as well as those bad boys of pop Oasis, with their great hit 'Wonderwall.' I wish there had been no Robbie Williams songs on this compilation, especially singing his rather corny 'Millennium', now if it had been 'Angels' I could have understood it being included. I appreciate it must have been hard for those who compiled these two CDs to choose just 40 songs out of the thousands recorded over the years, but leaving out great artists like Eurythmics, Stevie Wonder etc is just not acceptable. And really it only covers the last 40 years, music before that, it seems, didn't exist. Music of the Millennium is a welcome addition to my growing CD collection, but it could have been better.
By Mathew Hulbert. Broadcast Journalist.
on 11 December 1999
Initially, I thought about sending this one back, however after listening to both CDs on random play, the album began to grow on me ! The people who have arranged the track order need a lesson in album compilations - all the old and new are grouped together ! If you haven't got the random play facility - forget it ! If you have, you may not be disappointed.
on 20 December 1999
This cd has a great mix of the different times of Rock n' Roll. It has great stuff like Oasis and U2. It picks the best songs from some of the most popular albums of Rock. I am sure it could have had a few better songs instead of cher and bon jovi but all in all I found these two cds very good.
on 15 February 2000
I saw this CD one day while looking for something else and decided to buy it instead - and I have to say I'm glad I did. Some of my favourite songs are on there - A Design for Life, Every Breath You Take and Imagine being just a few. I'd never heard Unfinished Sympathy before I bought this album, but now I rate it as one of my favourite songs ever. I agree with the reviewer who said that Stevie Wonder should have been included (personally I would have put Superstition on there somewhere), but I suppose whoever compiled the album had a difficult job when there are so many classic songs to choose from...Overall, though, a great album.
on 25 January 2000
Music of the Millennium - rather music of the last 40 years, having said that the majority of tracks are classics and adding music from previous centuries would undoubtedly lower the appeal of the album. Of course people will argue that certin tracks should be excluded/included (mine replace Millennium with Angels, put some Eurythmics on and put the Bangles Eternal Flame on) Having said that there will never be a compilation album which is perfect for everyone, but this is a pretty good attempt. Incidentally the packaging is terrible and will drive you mad but don't let this put you off buying what is a great album.
on 21 December 1999
I thought that this was a very good CD, with no truly bad songs on it. However, as with all albums, there is some wasted space, which could be replaced by some half-way decent songs such as the more modern tracks - a song by Eurythmics, for example.
My personal recommendations of tracks to listen to are 'A Design For Life' by Manic Street Preachers, and The Police's 'Every Breath You Take'.
on 13 January 2000
This compilation is brilliant. Many might argue that this song should be included that song shouldn't be included but overall there is not one song on the two CD's that is not class. The best of the bunch is Band On The Run by Wings. I had never heard this song before but now I must listen to it whenever I can. Buy this millennium compilation and you will not be disappointed!