Customer reviews

Dome 1 and 2
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 August 2008
Dome I is so brilliant in its set up. Very spheric and with the help of the esoteric voice of AC Marias. Dome II is very strong on the heavy sounds and gets industrial grooves grinding along. For me, these albums are on vinyl. But for anyone else: you can't go wrong with this album if you like the experiments within Wire and the adventures of 2 great artists in ambient/industrial/experimental soundscapes. I will get this one too as cd. That will be the third time I will buy Dome I, as one got lost at the time. I would buy it a fourth time in the future if somethingh bad happens to the other two albums I will have after ordering this cd.
on 9 January 2017
The first 2 dome albums (Wire talents Gilbert & Lewis) on 1 CD = total bargain. Top notch post punk experimentalism. Still enough 'songs' here to keep most Wire fans happy probably. Why these records (as well as the fantastic more experimental 3 & 4) are not more well known, I have no idea. Great to see musical artists really pushing into new exciting territory. Only bad thing here is the front cover. Luckily but not ideal you reverse the inlay you can get 1 of the nice original album covers as the front instead of this lame cover you see above.