Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Ed Sheeran on Amazon Music Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 August 2001
The musicianship and production and songs on this album as varied as they are wonderful. Acoustic guitars on 'Frozen Man' and 'Like Everyone She Knows' are beautifully played, the later ending in a sublime soprano sax (Branford Marsalis). Listen for nice little piano lines (Down in a Hole) and dobro playing by the great Jerry Douglas (Copperline & The Water is Wide). However brilliant you think the guitar playing is on 'Like Everyone She Knows', (and it is brilliant) it has to be noted that the bass line is spectacular in the extreme (Jimmy Johnson was obviously born with more fingers than the rest of us!!). Overall a great album by a great artist who has the best band to back up his silky voice
on 21 March 2001
For a 20 year old kid this might shock some of you people out there, but james taylor has always been an inspiration to me since hearing his music played by my father since my early days.
This album is probably my second favourite of his after the greatest hits. Down in a hole is a favourite from here for me and if anyones been dumped recently then just listen and sing your heart out (if it hasn't already been taken out).
shed a little light is clearly a work of art and copperline the albums hit song is one which soon you will know all the words and it is one always set in your mind.
Take it from me this is an album your collection would do well to obtain!
on 1 July 2014
This is from 1991 and , unless you are a JT completist , you can safely walk away and keep your money in your pocket . Back in the 70s I thought that JT could do no wrong . But then in those days I also thought that the Labour Party existed to protect the weak against the strong . The music is fine ( it could hardly be otherwise with the likes of Don Grolnick and Branford Marsalis coming through the door ) and the songs are workmanlike ( this is what pros do ) but but but . This is dull and it hurts me to say so .
VINE VOICEon 20 February 2010
What can you say? James Taylor could sing the telephone directory and I'd buy it! He's one of those songsmiths and singers who makes a song his own, and even as he looses his hair, and his looks, his voice still makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end. Every track a winner on another superb album.
on 4 August 2011
Decent sound for an almost indecent album.
Just two or three nice songs, the rest is pure filling.
The first song is the best but just nice, the third is
not to be considered music,this is one of the worst
releases ever heard.
on 13 January 2016
Arrived in good time and is fantastic to listen to but sadly the case had a big scratch across the front which made it look not new
on 4 October 2015
Good music from a very underated artiste. I wish he would release more. Very relaxing style.
on 25 April 2013
Replacing my now obsolete tape I was reminded of the timeless quality of his music which I have enjoyed for the last 40 years. Interesting that President Obama chose him as part of the Inaugural celebrations.
on 14 November 2016
I love this record. I think it's one of his best, myself.
on 24 July 2016
I am a James Taylor Fan - Excellent Album!