Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 July 2014
I love this Cd. I had an edition of it and had lost it. Spanish Train is one of my all time favourites. But with all his great hits such as Don't pay the ferry man, The lady in Red, Borderline, Ship to Shore, Missing you and A spaceman came travelling to name but a few, this CD is a must have for all Chris DeBurgh fans.
on 16 April 2017
My first Chris de Burgh purchase in many years and it is stunning. Why did I wait for so long to start replacing my vinyl CDBs?
on 15 December 2014
Good
on 29 August 2014
Good cd. Bought to replace stolen one
on 7 June 2017
best singer in the world.
on 22 March 2017
The wrong cd was in the case
on 1 April 2008
i bought the us/canada release of this for my dad's birthday i was expecting it to be some old crap that i wouldnt like but when he played it i was blown away by the amazing songs on it and how powerful they effect you, i can remember i was about 12 and he played "patrica the stripper" and i used to sing a long word by word, but my favourite song ever by him was " don't pay the ferryman" its totally a rock ballad and has such power and its an addictive song it always reminds me of me n my dad singing along in the car *memories*, if anyone hasnt bought it yet i suggest you do because it's worth more than what you pay for it! XX
on 11 January 2013
This compilation was originally released in 1989 to capitalise on De Burgh's 'second wind' following the runaway success of "The Lady In Red" three years earlier. As a direct result, it concentrates mainly on his more commercial sounding 1980s work - drawing its tracks mainly from the triumverate of albums "The Getaway" (1982), "Man On The Line" (1984) and "Into The Light" (1986). Of all his 1970s material, only "Spanish Train" and "A Spaceman Came Travelling" get a look in (even then the latter is a re-recorded version - NOT the original album version), so fans looking for any entries from the likes of "Crusader", "Eastern Wind" or "Far Beyond These Castle Walls" will be disappointed. The two original tracks "This Waiting Heart", and "Diamond In The Dark" are largely filler material. A good intro nevertheless to Chris De Burgh's work, although the album is now out of print and there are better C de B compilations out there.
on 27 June 2014
I was trying to replace a CdeB Greatest Hits that I had on tape and had hoped that this was it. Disappointed to find that it did not contain some of his best songs, which were on the old album.

Could Amazon list the songs on each CD, please? I am fed up buying CDs to find that they do not contain the tracks that I want to hear.
on 8 December 2011
I was pleased to obtain this CD as it is the only CD that contains the track 'Diamonds in the dark' which I consider to be among Chris de Burgh's best songs. The product arrived in the time scale specified when ordered. I will be buying more of this artist's CDs.