Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 June 2017
Won't harp on about the actual album and music other than to say, this was my Soundgarden discovery album and I have been a fan of everything before and since. If you're looking at this, you probably know how good the music is and this album will always have a special place in my heart.

I have had this on CD for years, since 1991, with the bonus SOMMS disc. I have been slowly picking up 'special' albums on vinyl over the last few years. I was originally drawn to the recent 2-LP re-release on vinyl but the price just seemed a bit steep (£30+), although I'm sure it's a lovely package. So this was my next best option - the single LP original release, doesn't specify whether it's remastered or not (although buying through Amazon it came with the Autorip MP3, which is the remastered version) all for just under £13.

This version has very stripped down packaging - single LP in a white paper sleeve and outer sleeve with basic track information (the original CD I own has expanded packaging with lyrics etc.) but I wasn't fussed about that.

The important thing was the sound quality of the vinyl itself......and it doesn't disappoint! On first listen it's a big and bold sound, deep bass as well as picking out little nuances that I've never heard on previous listens on CD. No surface noise either when playing which I have found on some other purchases, even when new.

So I would highly recommend this for any Soundgarden fan on a budget who wants to grab a quality bit of vinyl.

R.I.P - Chris Cornell.
review image review image
on 26 May 2017
I was 18 when Grunge was hitting British shores. ....A great period of my life ..This album, along with Pearl Jam (Ten) Alice in Chains (Dirt) and Stone Temple Pilots ( Core) were a regular fixture on my stereo....I bought this album because my original was on its last legs....And the sad irony was that shortly after my purchase, Chris Cornell had passed away.....An amazing singer, and a fabulous album which only serves to showcase his incredible talent. RIP.
on 13 March 2017
Aye good
on 28 July 2017
Great album, has a 70s British metal sound to it at times.
on 23 August 2017
Classic album . Arrived safely.
on 10 March 2017
Outstanding album!!
on 18 June 2017
Best album ever
RIP Chris Cornell July 20 1964-May 17 2017

Tragic news today of the suicide of the greatest hard rock vocalist of the past couple of decades. Chris Cornell took grunge and slowed it down. This album and "Superunknown" are up there with "Nevermind" as the pinnacle of grunge. Any band that can outshine Black Sabbath in sheer heaviness, channel Led Zeppelin and has more raw power than the MC5 is by definition at the pinnacle of great rock music. "Bad Motorfinger" contains the utterly unique "Rusty Cage" so uniquely covered by Johnny Cash, the staggering "Outshined" which seemed to rewrite the rules of rock music by surpassing Black Sabbath in its demonic heaviness and the seriously brilliant Seattle classic "Jesus Christ Pose" with a Cornell vocal that must have led his contemporaries to hand their heads in shame . Chris Cornell had a voice which was an absolute powerhouse, sometimes bluesy, other times a raging howl. It was unmistakable and rightly lauded. He was at the core of the grunge movement and the Puget Sound. Jimmy Page today described him as "Incredibly Talented. Incredibly Young. Incredibly Missed."
on 1 July 2015
Still sounds as fresh as it did all those years ago. It begs the que/stion what the hell has happened to rock music just lately?
on 28 May 2017
Badmotorfinger say no more.