Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 23 February 2014
This is not The Pipes and Drums - it's a regimental band - which happens to include pipes and drums - playing music. Previous commentaries says it's full of Scottish flavour, but as a Scot, I'd definitely say No it's not, it's just a rather commercial selection of music played by a Regimental Band . The most interesting thing are the notes about the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards and their band. There are many better CD's; this title is a real misleader.
on 12 February 2001
This recording is an exhilarating fusion of bagpipes and drums typifying the best of Scottish music. All the tracks are most satisfying and there is a great deal of variety ranging from the soulful Mull of Kintyre to the jaunty Drunken Piper. The pipes and drums blend magically - Edinburgh Castle is a fine example. Even those who aren"t bagpipe enthusiasts can"t fail to find this CD melodious and charming. Fans on the other hand will wnnt to play it again and again.
on 12 December 2013
I could not resist sending for this recording as I am Scottish myself and served my National Service in the army at Leith Fort in Edinburgh before being transferred to the castle for my last 6 months service. We used to hear many bands rehearsing for things like the Tattoo etc and The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards have been very popular with music lovers all over the world and even managed to get their version of Amazing Grace in to the hit parade in the UK some years ago. I liked this Flower of Scotland cd recording so much that I bought a several of them to give as presents to all my musical friends. I may add that they were priced very reasonably and appreciated by all who received one. Flower of Scotland has almost become a Scottish anthem at Football matches etc. I like it a great deal
on 20 February 2008
I find this disappointing.
You'll probably like it if you like military bands in general, but it's not really pipe band music. It's pipes mixed in with other stuff.
And I have to say that the principal piper seems to lack a feel for the timing of the music.
on 10 October 2011
This is an old CD, just as enjoyable now as I'm sure it was when it first came out. Those who play on this CD do a great job of bringing the emotion out of each note of music. "Pure Dead Brilliant" !!
on 19 June 2016
Wanted this type of music to listen to to choose which one to use at my Dad's funeral, he love the pipes and drums, chose the title music
'Flower of Scotland' it was beautiful.
Arrived in very good time and well packed
on 15 July 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed this CD. It brought back memories when I was on escort duties in Scotland. Anyone buying this CD will not be disappointed. Put your feet up and enjoy.
on 9 February 2013
Thank you the cd it is in good condition and arrived safely. Although I was late in ordering it will be played a our next clan get together which I look forward to .
on 12 April 2009
This product was great and exactly what i wanted it arrived quickly and in good packaging, i would however have liked to of been able to see what other music titles was on this before purchasing but did know the song i wanted was in the title.
on 21 June 2013
Was very cheap, and was bought to add a bit of atmos to a Burns night supper we were hosting, all in all worked a treat, haven't played it since mind you, but might wheel it out at New Year and do the Burns night thing again.