Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 May 2000
OK, so maybe Michael Bolton isn't that fashionable, especially among teenagers, but hidden amongst his sometimes awful screeching, this album contains some great tunes. I was only nine when I bought this, but surprisingly, I still listen to it today. I'll try to give you a taster of each track: 'Love is a wonderful thing'- Possibly the pick of the bunch, great lyrics, and a really catchy tune. Did quite well as a single, incidentally. 'Time,love and tenderness'- Michael sings his heart out here, and the results are not too bad. Good, mellow verses, followed by an upbeat chorus. 'Missing you now'- Features Kenny G, and is probably the worst song (sorry Ken). After 2 or 3 plays, this song is so ANNOYING. 'Forever isn't long enough'- Why must Michael whine so much. The lyrics to this track are great and quite deeply meaningful, but that is forgotten when, AAARGH, Michael decides to use his full vocal range (not wise). 'Now that i found you'- Similar to above, but it really grows on you. Another positive effort. 'When a man loves a women'- I really hate this song, why is it such a "classic"? If there's one person in the world you didn't want to sing this song, it would have to be Michael Bolton. 'We're not making love anymore'- This is a duet with Patti Labelle, and if it is possible, she has got to be the female version of Michael (in vocal terms anyway). Sadly, they both try and out-screech each other on this awful track. 'New love'- a great tune which restores you're sanity after the previous two. 'Save me'- another belter. Very similar to New Love, but the lyrics are even more meaningful. 'Steel bars'- this is the best track by far. Definitely should have been released, and is a more rock influenced tune than you would have expected from Michael. Incidentally, it was co-written by a certain Bob Dylan.
on 30 May 2010
I used to have this on cassette, lost years ago, and decided to get it on cd after hearing it played at a hotel in Jersey. I'd forgotten how great this guy is!!

There isn't a bad track on here!

My personal favourite is "Now That I've Found You" - a haunting tune that will have you replaying it over and over!!
on 15 June 2015
I'll be honest with you, I love his music. I do. I'm a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".
on 21 October 2015
Got this on vinyl so now replaced with cd version great albumn
on 14 June 2016
Amazing album. Every song on this album is fantastic. You can't go wrong with Michael Bolton.
on 20 March 2015
Bought for the Mother in law just as described!
on 3 May 2016
It arrived quickly but the case was cracked.
on 18 December 2014
As a bolton fan owt he dus is awesum
on 13 August 2015
Got here in good time great cd
on 29 April 2016
great album from great singer