on 30 January 2003
Features tracks from both first albums, Let it Bee and Honey Lingers, but none from their third as they'd moved record labels by then. Head and shoulders above their contemporaries, they gave us light and fluffy tunes with a deep and meaningful heart. The group was led by the songwriting force of San Fernando Valley half-sisters Tracey Bryn and Melissa Brooke-Belland. Although it's a shame there's no rarer tracks to entice the serious fan this bears witness to their importance to the late eighties and is a good introduction.
on 11 July 2006
VOTB were a band so ahead of their time..this collection is filled with fab pop classics with great lyrics. "Monsters and Angels" and "I Walk The Earth" are standout tracks along with the slower melodies of "Man in The Moon" and "Beauty to my Eyes". Best of VOTB is a filled with great pop moments from start to finish.
on 28 August 2006
This album is outstanding. As a group they are unique and innovative in their musical abilities. Here is a collection of their very best work. Sit back and crank up the sound and wig out to Voice Of The Beehive at their best.
on 1 January 2012
I had a Voice Of The Beehive album on cassette in the late 80's and played it to death. All these years later i've bought the 'Best Of..' CD and am reminded why I loved them so much back then. What surprises me though is why they are never heard of anymore. I think they haven't had the recognition they have always deserved. They are Girl Power at it's best. I don't want to pick out favourites and say what I like about them. I just want to say there are no bad or weak songs. All have their own identity. Please give it a try. It's great. Well done girls. Thanks.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 January 2011
VOTB were one of my few concessions to pop (instead of rock/heavy metal) as a teenager, and they still are! I had "Let It Bee" in the late 80s and the brilliantly titled "Honey Lingers" in the early 90s, and have occasionally returned to them over the intervening score years. Each time that I do listen to them after a few years, I am delighted! They were probably the best example of what could be done with female vocals and a male backing band, perhaps because they addressed their subjects with tongue often in cheek, even if the subject was a serious one. The music was really good - often thumping drums, and some great rhythm guitar tunes - but it`s the words I loved. Some of my favourites? "Monsters And Angels", the absolutely brilliant "I Say Nothing", "Perfect Place", "Man In The Moon", "Sorrow Floats"...so many others...this is wonderful compilation, as it hardly misses any of the songs off the first two albums! I miss them!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 January 2014
'Don't Call Me Baby' by Voice of The Beehive has to be one of the most era defining hits of the 1980's. Played to death just about everywhere it was a song with 60's sensibilities but an 80's pop heart and is still loved by millions today. Sounding for the most part like a cross between Wilson Phillips and The Smiths - complete with jingly-jangly guitar and 'Beach Boys' harmonies - the songs on this compilation come from the most popular end of the bands career. I have always adored 'Heavenly' from their later, less successful period but am glad that it was omitted here because it would have spoilt the 80's retro feel of the album amongst these.

I don't think the group ever quite reached the commerciality of 'Don't Call Me Baby' again but 'I Say Nothing' and 'I Walk The Earth' came pretty close. In honesty, there isn't a duff track on the whole CD and closer, 'There's A Barbarian In The Back Of My Car' will delight B52's fans.

All in all, if you like the hits you will like the album.
on 21 July 2013
Actually VOTB was the name of a band which included 2 members of Madness but the voices belonged to the daughter and step daughter of a 4 Prep-Bruce Belland.
The revived the 50s idea of the Petticoat Girl and were rarely seen in both videos and photo without looking as if they'd stepped off the set of a Dinah Shore show.Unfortunately the idea of women looking like women never went much further and eventually the girls went back to California and set up an antique business.
The sleeve of this obviously doctored photo doesn't do them justice
Songs were in the style of a 60s girl group and easily digestable
on 15 November 2013
I liked some of their songs and only bought it for the tracks I remembered. The cd was only a few pounds and worth buying just for the tracks I liked.
on 16 June 2015
You forget how brilliant some albums of yesteryear are! This is one of them
on 24 March 2013
Typical Voice of the Beehive - takes me back a few years - so egocentric sentimental buy - music is not stunning or amazing - but great for a girls night out prep