Customer reviews

When Night Falls
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£24.94+ £1.26 shipping

on 5 November 2012
This is an exquisite CD - Kirchschlager has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard and the repertoire is wonderfully unhackneyed. This will appeal to all lovers of fine singing, but I do agree that babies and parents of same would find it especially appealing.
One person found this helpful
on 12 December 2014
wow, what a voice and what an interesting choice of music.
on 24 February 2005
Our family has just been blessed with a new grandson and one of my very thoughtful friends had the brilliant and generous idea to send the baby a copy of this wonderful collection of lullabies and nightsongs done so stunningly by the marvelous Austrian mezzo, Angelika Kirchschlager. I am happy to report that the very first selection, Schubert's 'Wiegenlied' ('Cradle Song'), seemed to make him smile, even at his tender age. This bodes well for his developing discriminating musical taste because Ms Kirchschlager is a terrific singer. Her various accompanists provide sensitive support for her lovely and perfectly managed voice. She sings with impeccable diction in several languages and even in English I don't pick up any accent at all.

I must point out, however, that Amazon has listed the contents of this disc in an order different from that on the CD.

Scott Morrison
2 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 8 January 2014
Schubert's leider are a bit off my agenda but liking one of Angelika's other tracks I decided to look at some of her other work. Must play whole CD soon.
on 19 December 2010
This recording by the Austrian Mezzo Soprano is the best I have heard and is exemplified by her varied background. The Mozarteum in Saltzburg and the Vienna Music Academy worked well with Angelika's strengths to enrich the lives of all who hear her.
The annual Lieder festival in Vorarlburg is regularly attended by Angelika. Get there if you can.
For me the juxtaposition between mezzo and soprano the lightness of touch,strength and fragility have never been bettered in the concert hall or on record.