Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£19.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 18 January 2003
Although it is difficult to obtain outside Europe, "The Art Garfunkel Album" provides the best available overview of Mr. Garfunkel's much undervalued solo career. All of the most popular tracks from his first eleven solo outings are included, from his soaring 1973 hit single "All I Know", through lesser-known--but still exquisite--selections such as "Breakaway", "A Heart In New York", and "Bright Eyes" (from the animated film WATERSHIP DOWN.) For Simon & Garfunkel fans unfamiliar with Mr. Garfunkel's later work, this is the perfect introduction; additionally, long-time fans will be delighted by the inclusion of "Sometimes When I'm Dreaming", a beautiful--but fairly obscure--track not readily available elsewhere.
on 23 April 2009
I would have given 5 stars if the record has the full song of All I know, one of the most beautiful ballad, written by Jimmy Webb. Sadly, the song doesn't include the last a few bars on the piano played by Jimmy Webb. The song was badly cut off in the middle while Art Garfunkel hitting these incredibly soaring high notes! How disappointing that the song is not complete!! I would recommend to find his other best songs album titled Garfunkel instead of this record.
on 23 May 2014
I grew up with my mum playing Simon & Garfunkel and enjoy the music myself to this day, even have the LP album my mum used to have on CD, so to have this digital download album of Art and his brilliant voice, especially Bright Eyes, is great. Some songs originally done by others and Art has done his own variations, but his voice is a compliment to those tracks. Would recommend it to other "Simon & Garfunkel" fans.
on 29 August 2012
I am so glad this is available on CD through amazon - I have never seen it in the UK music shops in this format. In my view, this is the one to get. Other compilations inexplicably omit both Travellin' Boy and Stephen Bishop's beautiful The Same Old Tears On A New Background, two perfect, plaintive love songs to finish a sublime collection that spans Art's much-neglected solo career. I got this album on vinyl as a 21st birthday present in 1985 and I now intend to get it on CD and play it to death again!
on 13 September 2011
I have been a Art Garfunkel fan all my life. I even turned my wife on to his music and she plays his CDs all the time(she grew up in Mao's China and did not have much exposure to this music). For me the best part about this compilation is the rare song "Sometimes When I'm Dreaming". We can not get this song in America. It is a great song and the lyrics (provided for all songs) are wonderful. If you are a fan of Simon and Garfunkel and have not ventured into his solo materil this is a good place to start. Then go out and buy Watermark.
on 16 June 2015
"The Art Garfunkel Album" by Art Garfunkel is another excellent compilation CD Album by the American singer.It includes the singles "Bright Eyes","I Believe When I Fall In Love","I Only Have Eyes For You","A Heart In New York","Scissors Cut" and "Sometimes When I'm Dreaming".Recommended.
on 26 June 2015
Wanted this album for years! One that is timeless with great melodies by a superb musical artist of amazing talent - every song a winner but have a special love of 'Scissors Cut' and 'Breakaway' but all classics and anyone wanting to sample a taste of and the best of Art Garfunkel, this is the album where that need will be satisfied!
on 8 November 2014
Great service and a great album. Everything connected to this transaction was A+++++++++++++++++++++++. This Coy's service to customers was second to none - everything was followed up at every stage and I would not hesitate to recommend this Coy. to anyone. Many thanks Matt.
on 6 July 2010
This record we had as a tape and loved it then and now getting it on CD means we can carry on with our love of this music. Quality of CD is perfect which is the most important criteria prior to purchase and it was delivered smoothly and effortlessly and therefore we are well pleased with the purchase and as usual would come to Amazon first.The Art Garfunkel Album
on 28 November 2012
I had this album on vinyl a few years ago and it remains the only one to contain "Sometimes When I'm Dreaming" which makes it more worth having than any of his other "Best of" versions.