Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 July 2004
This CD is a wonderful collection of great Journey songs. The one I received has fifteen songs, which includes everything on the list above, plus Who's Crying Now. The sound quality is excellent, and plays fantastically in my headphones. The paperwork in the case folds out to a small poster with the words to the songs on one side, and color pictures of the band and albums on the other. This is a great CD, with great songs. I highly recommend it!
on 20 June 2011
I collect and listen to albums lot more than greatest hits, best of, very best of, collection CDs from any band. Half the songs in such compilations are never my favourites. I'm album-oriented listener. There's a whole lotta joy listening to music holding the CD cover in hand going through lyrics, infos, arts and photos. That way I can imagine and get the whole picture of the album, the band and their music, message and philosophy.

But this Journey's Greatest Hits is different. I never listened to any album by Journey in the 80's. 80's being great era of rock 'n' roll when it ruled. I got introduced to Journey with this 'Greatest Hits'. Since I am hooked to it and I feel it's one of the great rock album ever made rather than compilations. I became a great fan of Journey. I was not new to Steve Perry though. I loved his voice in 'If Only For The Moment Girl' from 'USA for Africa', and 'Oh Sherrie' and 'Foolish Heart' from 'Street Talk'.

Steve Perry's voice and Neal Schon's guitar are what make Journey distinctive I think. That's why maybe, after Steve Perry, the band always sought for singer whose voice sounds similar to Steve's. Steve Augeri, Arnel Pinada and etc. But in my opinion, despite all being great singers, no one could top Steve Perry. He has the originality. I wish Mr. Perry would come back.

I recently attended Journey concert together with other great bands Foreigner and Styx. The current singer Arnel Pinada is of course talented, wonderful and powerful. The band did two albums with him - 'Revelation' and 'Eclipse'. Both great albums. But most of the songs they performed were from here. All the songs that you need to know about Journey are here in this Greatest Hits. This album is what Journey is all about. This album has been what Journey means to me. These are the songs that defined Journey. The journey of Journey.
on 19 November 2000
I heard' Don't Stop Believin' and it blew me away. So I bought this album and guess what? It blew me away too. Journey are one of the finest bands ever. Brilliant musicianship, excellent songwriting, and Steve Perry's voice has to be the most amazing ever. This is a truly great compilation and is guaranteed not to disappoint.
This is one of the better places to go to start listening to the music of Journey. You get a good selection of tracks, which covers their most well known songs and a few others for good measure. The booklet folds out into a poster and the artwork is great. From tracks like 'Don't stop believing' to 'Who's crying now' you know you're on familiar ground and if you like 70's and 80's rock you can't really go wrong. If you want an introduction to this classic rock band then this is the place to go.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 29 January 2002
This is a really great compilation of one of America's very finest bands. There's not a bad song on the whole collection (most are brilliant) and Steve Perry's vocal performances from the first track to the last are truly awesome. Is his voice the finest in the history of rock music? Gets my vote anyway.
on 20 March 2015
I have only ever liked Journey never realy loved their music with the exception of a couple of songs. I have been plesantly suprised how quick I got back into the greatest hits album and as most other reviewers have stated Steve Perry's vocals make it for me. I would recommend anyone going back to their youth or looking explore the 70's American rock this is a CD for you.
on 30 January 2016
I enjoyed this; it was a good variety of tracks and the disc was in excellent condition, seeing as I purchased it second hand. It contained all but one of my favourites-it doesn't have "Stone In Love"
on 4 January 2010
I think that this must be the most amazing greatest hits collection I have ever come across!
' Don't stop believing ' had been one of my most favourite tracks forever but I'd never encountered anything else by Journey that was until I stumbled upon this. There are no dud songs just total entertainment throughout. I first played it driving cross country and for once did't care less about traffic jams- I just wanted to hear the next track!! A must buy for anyone out there. One play and you'll be asking Bon Jovi who?!!!
on 27 June 2014
This is great old skool rock at its best great for memory sticks for my mp4 player in the car good tracks as well as the signature one Don t stop believing would recommend listening to good value purchase
on 8 May 2014
This is a good album on cd. Worthy of 4 stars.

Most of the tracks are really good.

I would certainly recommend it to any one who likes good rock music. As a cd like this is a must in their collection.