Customer reviews

Shooting Straight In The Dark
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 April 2009
If you like Come on Come on and Stones in the Road then you'll definitely be happy with this one as well. Her style is clearly forming here, she's already in pretty good vocal form and the production is pleasant and unexited in a positive way. When Halley came to.. is a true gem of a song.
on 20 February 2013
I believe this is her best album, Come On Come On was too commercial for me and I did not like the first 2 tracks at all. This has very strong and varied material unlike some of her later albums which are a bit too similar.
VINE VOICEon 20 December 2009
Impossible for me to write a bad review of MCC, she's simply the best female singer/songwriter there is, she's got the lot! Great songs, great performances and great production, any one would be good, all three are fantastic. I've never bought any of her work that dissappointed in any way.
VINE VOICEon 10 November 2010
Wonderful album. I think my favourite of all of hers. Not a poor track in sight. The Moon and St Christopher is equisite and Down at the twist and shout is the only country song to make me get up and dance. A gem .
on 9 March 2015
Marvellous voice, sumptious arrangements, great selection of songs. I'm not really in to country music but I came across MCC on a sampler and thought I'd try one of her CDs. I wasn't disappointed.
on 6 June 2014
Had this before on an old fashion tape, couldn't find this on cd in the shops. When I did get it from e-bay it proved that it's still one of the greatest (to me) Mary ever recorded.
on 23 August 2013
Excellent for all those who appreciate Mary and like artists . A good variety of up tempo , humourous songs and more personal ballards .
on 10 December 2014
one of MCC earlier recordings, More country than later ones, but still enjoyed it immensely
on 22 August 2014
Enjoyed listening to this album she has a nice voice
on 17 February 2015
An early album, with some outstanding tracks on it