Format: Audio CD|Change

This is Deustche grammophone 1961(suite) and 1962(concertos) recordings of the Orchestral suit no 4 in d major and the violin concertos 1, 2, and 3; digitally remastered and released in their economy label Classikon with none of the quality and clarity lost in transfer. David Oistrakh violin 1 and Igor Oistrakh violin 2 backed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Sir Eugene Goossens perform the violin concertos to sublime perfection. While the orchestral suite was recorded by the Munich Bach Orchestra conducted by Karl Richter.
I bought this a while back along with other renditions of Bach violin concertos by other renowned violinist, at the time when my son was practising the Bach's double for his GCSE and we needed to listen to several renditions, this was one of my favourites. The recording is clear and the performance sublime.This is vintage.
on 26 March 2009
I used to own the LP and this CD/recording is as good as it gets! Can highly recommend it to all fans of classical music.
on 5 April 2014
I was so pleased to find this CD, as I've misled the original LP I so loved so much in my childhood.
A wonderful performance by this most honest of musicians.