Customer reviews

Running On Empty
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 July 2017
You just cannot fault the mix of live and recorded mixed in that bring back so many memories with films and situations we find ourselves in
After listening to him on Jonny walkers radio programme he raved about it after a listener asked for tracks to be played

You are eased into the album like being dipped in syrup and when you hear the rest of the tracks just sugar çoated and made nice and warm
on 9 January 2014
Ordered this just now. Was pleased to see that it came with "AutoRip" so I immediately downloaded the MP3 version to listen to on my Sonos system before the physical CD arrives. Sadly, the tracks on the AutoRip download seem to be from a completely different album. Not the tracks I recall, and not the tracks listed on the product page on Amazon. I hope the CD will turn out to be the right one and I can rip it manually and replace this nonsense that I have downloaded from Amazon. (Update - Fortunately the CD has arrived and is what I was expecting, so the all is sorted.)
on 25 September 2016
Simply replacing my old, stretched tape with a CD. Seminal stuff. If you like country music* and this isn't in your collection, it should be.

*Country - not Country & Western
on 21 May 2014
Unfortunately I am old enough to have been around the first time these songs were released but I guess I wasn't old enough then to truly appreciate them.
Jackson Brown was undoubtedly one of the biggest talents of his time and a driving force in the emerging California music scene of that time. A music scene that brought us Linda Rondstat and the Eagles amongst many others. Listening again today it is easy to see why. He was an artist who crafted great songs, lyrically strong with at times beautiful melodies. And yes he could rock too.
This is a great album, full of great songs by one of the best singer songwriters of his day. For those who know Jackson Brown, this should be in your collection, for those who don't, treat yourselves.
on 12 July 2017
Much better than I expected it to be - get it !
on 1 June 2017
New to this singer..now hooked!
on 23 September 2013
This was the first Jackson Browne album I purchased, on LP; many years past. I have taken the opportunity to replace the LP with a 'used' CD for very little. Excellent value for money.
on 28 May 2014
This album is a must for all lovers of the American folk rock tradition. A "Best Off" live. No serious collector of music should be without a copy.
on 28 September 2015
I loved this in the 70's and it's still so good..well worth a listen..
on 8 March 2017
have this on vinyl and wanted it on CD