Customer reviews

Hello, I Must Be Going
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 April 2017
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 July 2017
Excellent CD!
on 23 February 2013
just got this album today had it years ago on vinyl really forgot how good phil collins is if your a child of the 80s it will take you back there its well worth a listen
on 25 September 2016
To me this was the first album i ever bought and still my fav album , with the added live tracks it just made it better , i dont care anymore was first song i learnt on the drums ... im now 50 and still listen to this album and remember god how good is Phil ,

younger people should listen to at least one album , ok except maybe both sides , not a great album , just to see what a talent this man has
on 16 July 2009
Its probably his best album and there isn't a bad track on it. Plenty of drums, plenty of brass and some great lyrics. Some of the tracks have quite long intros that focus on the drumming and almost feel like two songs in one. If you like Genesis then you will probably like this album although it is distinctly Phil Collins. I loved it when it came out and I'm glad I bought it again.
on 17 March 2004
If you are a Phil collins fan then you will know just how brilliant this album really is!
I personally listen to it all the time. every track is as good as the last.
If you haven't already bought it, get it now and savour the excellent writing and singing talent of the master.
on 8 May 2005
You don't have to be a fan of Phil Collins to appreciate this album. Your ears will tell you that it is very far away from the saccharine housewives' choice wallpaper formula of 'Another Day in Paradise' and its partners in crime. It is a very enjoyable listen and the brass section really is razor sharp.
on 22 January 2002
This is by far and away the most exciting Phil Collins solo LP. After a tentative start with Face Value, Collins found his feet and his inner confidence and fired off in all sorts of interesting directions. The song writing is much tighter, the lyrics astonishing (providing you aren't on the receiving end of some of them - ouch) and most of all the drum sound is one of the biggest ever committed to vinyl / CD. This LP counts as one of the great lost Genesis LPs in the same way that Steve hackett's 'Voyage of the Acolyte' did in 1975.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 May 2014
Having embarked on a memory lane trip of Phil Collins material I worked my way through his albums, only for this one to somehow slip under the radar. Once discovered I have found that this is probably the best of the bunch (personal taste), even though I recall as a youngster I preferred No Jacket Required, this actually is one better. The lively music and Phil's unique vocals lift you up and force you to bounce out of the seat and bop along.
This is a fantastic album and will have you listening on loop!
on 27 March 2012
I've not heard this in years, then the other day got the drums from the opening track into my head and couldn't shake them so I thought I'd have a listen. It's aged very well with most (though not all) the sings sounding fresh. 'I don't care any more' and 'Don't let him steal your heart away' are classics. But what struck me most was how DARK this album is. I can't imagine a mainstream artist being allowed to release something so full of rage these days. To that extent, it's worth listening to almost as a museum piece about how the music business has changed. Falling that, listen to it for some damn good songs!